March YJOTM Round 2. Lets Get It On!
We have had a great bunch of entries so far this year and a great turnout. I would like to thank metalcloak for their support once again. I can't say enough about those guys. Most of you wouldn't have their fenders if it wasn't for their outstanding support of this contest and the pride that we as owners take in it. Best of luck to the contestants.
Rules for voting
All nonsupporting members must post when you vote or it will not be counted. Paid members do not have to post when voting.
No soliciting votes from within JF or outside JF
No promotion within this thread will be permitted via more pictures or descriptions. We have PMs please use them
All voters will remain public as to promote self moderation
Self votes will not be allowed. We are jeepers and we help each other out. Don't be selfish or you'll see where it gets you.
1989 Jeep YJ
2.5L TBI 4cly
AX5 trans with external slave swap
All water tight with extended vent lines
ARB Safari snorkel
Custom front drive shaft
3.5” H.D. BDS lift and 5/8” H.D. M.O.R.E. booms
Aero racing wheels
Front Smittybilt stinger
Rear Pro Comp bumper
O.R. Fab sport cage
Family roll bar swap
Rear TJ flairs
VDP center console w/ custom CB mount
60" Hi lift on the hood
misc recovery gear
Mods and specs
-stock axles,4.11, with aussie locked Dana 30
-stock Trans and tcase, ax5 and np231
-3.5 leafs, front super lift, rear fabtechs with 1.5" shackles
-33" falkin rocky mountain tires
-warrior products wlate plate/grill hoop/stinger combo
-custom zero flare tube fenders
-rear TJ flare conversion
-Chevy blazer tire carrier
-Pontiac grand prix 06' bucket seats
-YJ year of production: 1987
-Specifications and modifications:
4.2L nuttered with OEM carb
Yokohama Geolander AT-S 31x10.5x15
custom front/rear tube bumpers
OME 2.5" lift
1.5" body lift
OME tc drop
Rancho RS5000 shocks
Rancho steering stabilizer
New lamps all around (safety first boys - safety first)
A to Z Fabrication rock slides (custom powder coated to match the soft top as much as humanly possible)
Custom trimmed and painted fender flares to match rock slide lines and finish
Rugged Ridge high back "racing" seats
general mechanical improvements
-Brief history of your jeep and how it came to be
After being "out of the game" for 2 years due to having to sell a frame decrepit '95 YJ, and spending most of those 2 years gently searching for a replacement, I found this rig less than 2 hours from my house for a more than respectable price.
On Mother's Day 2012, my wife (who hates Jeeps) agreed to go take a look. After almost an hour of crawling around this rig, verifying everything was up to snuff, we pulled the trigger. On Mother's Day. :D
Since bringing her home, I have spent most weekends under, over and around this rust free beauty. Replacing general maintenance items, upgrading the suspension, installing body protection and making her "mine".
As clean and nice as she is to drive down the road, her off road capabilities are no slouch either. The body is in near showroom condition and the OME suspension enjoys flexing its muscle whenever I'm ready.
-Three pictures [IMG] tags embedded onto entry
The we brought our little bundle of joy home (May 2012)
Poser shot at The Cliffs off road park in Marseilles, IL - March 2013
-1995 Wrangler YJ
-1995 wrangler yj 4cyl
33x12.5x15 BFG KM2
Micky Thompson sidebiters
Superior super 30/35 combination
30 spline chromolly shafts
ARB air lockers front/rear
solid diff covers
Upgraded breaks and e break.
Stainless steel break lines
4in rough country springs & shocks
RC steering stabilize
Currie rock front and rear shackles.
Ballastic Fab Chevy 1-ton steering set up with flipped knuckle
tom woods CV shaft
Under cover Fab extra clearance skid and engine skid
Herculiner red bed liner
Smittybuilt xrc seats
Rock hard sport cage
Blue sea fuse box
Led rock lights
Led floods, spots, and 10in bar.
Custom fenders by rob.
Custom stinger bumper and swing out by Eddie @ Ground Pounder Fab.
Smittybuilt x2o 8k winch
Union specific tri bell train horn.
Brown dog motor mounts
FF DYNAMICS stage 2 e fan
Champion auto 3 core ALU radiator
Tri county Fab inertia ring.
Superb right led gage lights
Custom motor built by m&d automotive
A to z sliders
GPF fire extinguisher mount
Custom center console
Motor City Reman upgraded alternator
1in daystar body lift
teraflex hand throttle
Poison Spyder hood louver
- I originally bought the jeep when I came home and changed schools. I'm an engineering major and between this project car and a few other things I really found a passion for working with my hands and this solidified a desire to build for a living. We promptly bought my dad a jeep to wheel with me and work on together. It's been a life saver and a work in progress that has changed directions more times then I care to admit.
Specifications And Modifications:
-2.5l 4cyl. 131,000 original miles.
-Regeared to 4.56 front and rear.
-3.5" Superlift Hd springs
-31" Dunlop radial ATs
-home brew swing out tire carrier
-home brew rocker guards w/tube steps
-Poison Spyder Hood Louvers
-Poison Spyder D30 Bumbshell Diff Cover
-windshield mounted KCs
-Illumination LEDs 50" LED light bar
-LED rock lights
-new front bumper in the mail.
-smittybilt soft top w/ tinted windows
-rhino lined inside tub
-Cb killed by last rain storm.
-Smittybilt CRES top
-Spiderweb Shades Tjkini
-Smittybilt rear tube flares
-TJ front flares to use until I get tubes.
Bought this almost stock after selling my XJ. Knew it wouldn't stay that way long. Started with a shackle lift and then found the forum and started my build thread, A Teenager With a Dream. Got rid of the shackle lift and kept up the build on a high school/college budget up to now. Learning the whole way. Future plans consist of 8.8 swap and front and rear lockers and winch.
1995 Rio Grande
I got my YJ in a trade for my 1994 GMC K1500 about 3 years ago. I didn’t want to give up my 4wd but needed something more fuel efficient… what better than a 4banger jeep!! I drove it bone stock for about 7 months while I paid off some debt, and then the jeep bug hit. It started with some 130watt spot lights, then some 30in mud tires. That was fun for about a year, but then I needed more… Here’s the current specs!
• 4squirreled 5spd w/ Ford Yellow top injectors , 4.0 TB, and makeshift CAI
• Ford Taurus 2 speed electric fan
• Metalcloak 4in arched fenders
• Rubicon Express 4in suspension
• 33x12.5 KM2s with alloy 15x8’s
• SYE and an XJ CV front drive shaft that I had it shortened and beefed up for my new rear shaft
• Poison Spyder trail stinger and hood louvers
• engo9000 and a homebrewed winch plate
• Warn rocker sliders
• Modified Bestop extend-a-trunk out of a TJ for a nice security tonneau
• C-RES top
• SOLID D30 cover
• H4 e-code headlights with the relay upgrade
• LED rock lights, tail lights, and dash lights
• Pioneer stereo with security console and 2 10in JL audio subs
• And other goodies here and there!
o Of course I GOTTA add some thanks to the GF for her additions to the jeep.
-1989 4.2L Auto Canadian YJ
- Nutter bypass - 1.5" Superlift
- 1/2" boom shackles - Hercules 31" MT
- Sway bar discos & trackbars delete
- Motorcraft 2150 Carburetor
- TFi ignition upgrade - Flowmaster exhaust
- D30 front with Posi-lock & Warn cover
- D35 non C-Clip LSD
- OR Fab sport cage w/add-on bars & mole gear (still need to install)
- RRC Seats
- Hella 500s
- Custom front bumper
- Custom rock sliders/rock guards
- Crown Auto rear bumper w/tire swing out
- OEM hard top with Bestop fiberglass door tops
- Uniden CB
- Red LED dash/gauge lights
- Sony headunit with Kicker front speakers & MB Quart rears
- Olypic Safari doors w/GSXR mirrors
- Trail gear, recovery gear, Hi-Lift, etc..
voted, thanks for putting this on! and for you know, putting up with us.
You guys are worth doing it twice.
Lets get this show on the road, again!
Lets get it on! Casted my vote!
Nice line up! Really digging "overhead" jeep :2thumbsup:
|The time now is 10:21 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.