major boo boo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > major boo boo

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
blamejane2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

major boo boo

Okay I know better than to touch my plastic windows when it's freezing outside, but I wasn't thinking and all of a sudden I grabbed the top of the window (zipper is broken) to pull it down (so I could see out) and the window freakin' cracked! Aaaaagh.

Okay, anybody ever purchase clear plastic to resew it yourself?

Help, I can't believe I did this!

Valerie

blamejane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

There are a number of upholstery (custom convertible top makers) and boat/marine supply shops here in San Diego that would be more than happy to fix something as easy as replacing the plastic in the windows. I have used a couple of them in past years. Very reasonably priced sometimes. EG: I had an entire window replaced, including a new zipper, for ~$14.

Perhaps there's a place like that near you that does top work.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You might check a place that does convertible tops. they have the sewing machines to handle it and stock the DOT approved (what a joke--it's clear vinyl, dammit) material.
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
blamejane2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thanks guys, I feel much better now. I was totally bummed ruining my jeep in the first place, and the thought of having to blow $100 bucks wasn't helping. I've been wanting to get the zipper replaced anyway, this will motivate me to do it a lot sooner.
blamejane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
GRN_BEAST95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i just did that like a week ago. i ordered slider windows. they were expensive as hell too
Green Jeep member 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellojeeper View Post
Guam. I spent a week there one night.
GRN_BEAST95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
noflacko
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Check eBay and craigslist...I see just windows quite often...

Cleveland, TN Jeepers UNITE! Monthly meet-N-greet, every third Saturday at Jordan's BBQ!
noflacko is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.