Maiden Voyage of my 95 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Maiden Voyage of my 95

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 04-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #1
tawddanyells
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Maiden Voyage of my 95

Hey everyone. I bought a 95 YJ a few weeks back and had her sitting around being worked on and I'd just take her down these back roads we have here. Well I finally got her to where I felt she was road worthy so I went and got my tag and title transferred. Upon doing so I took her down the same back roads just to make sure... Not going over 30. I was feeling confident to off to the highway we went!!

I have the 2.5L so I realize she doesn't have much kick but I don't think my 33/10 tires are helping! Getting from 40-50mph was slow to say the least but beyond 50 didn't exist. Theeeen I heard what sounded like a coke can being violently crushed and the jeep made a holler.. My muffler had fallen off on the highway.

I just went back and retrieved my dented up hot as fire muffler and went home. Im not sure if this is related but on my way home the clutch started behaving MUCH differently. Where there used to be a few inches when fully depressed where it wouldnt engage, now if you lift off the clutch at all its engaged. also, the clutch pedal wont come all the way forward like it was before. Ready to throw in the towel guys. Anyone ever have the same problems?

Thanks,
Todd

tawddanyells is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
tawddanyells
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I did some research and it sounds like everyone has problems with their cat. My check engine light DOES come on after a few minutes of driving. Guess I need to take it in and have the codes read. Still want to know about the clutch though
Unread 04-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Jeepinit95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You don't have to take it in to read the codes. There is a sequence of turning the key off and on that will put it in diagnostic mode and flash the codes for you. I can't remember exactly what it is but do a seach on it and you should be able to find the info on how to do it and what the codes mean.

As far as the clutch is concerned I would try bleeding the master cylinder.
Jeepinit95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepinit95 View Post
You don't have to take it in to read the codes. There is a sequence of turning the key off and on that will put it in diagnostic mode and flash the codes for you. I can't remember exactly what it is but do a seach on it and you should be able to find the info on how to do it and what the codes mean.

As far as the clutch is concerned I would try bleeding the master cylinder.
Without starting the engine, turn the ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF and ON. The CHECK ENGINE light on the dash will begin to flash.

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
tawddanyells
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I got a code but I swore it was 12 and that apparently doesn't mean anything so I took it down the road and back with no check engine light ever coming on. Clutch seemed to fix itself to lol!

I'm just wondering about the muffler now. It hit the road pretty hard and it's dinged up. I don't even know if the whole thing is there... The connectors to the exhaust pipe that is.

Any of you guys had a problem with power like I am? I don't want to go diving into a new cat if its something simple. I almost bought a new alternator cause I didn't check my fuses a few weeks ago...not looking to make that mistake again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.