Maaco Update: Update! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Maaco Update: Update!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-24-2005, 01:40 AM   #1
ZonaWrangler

Maaco Update: Update!

So, everyone I have shown this paintjob to has said it sucked. So I Mapquest another shop today and go over there to get an estimate to fix it. And when I mention Maaco, the guy say's,

"Jerry Abbott"

And I say yeh, that's him. Turns out my "sales guy" was the owner. "Yeah, he's a good guy. It's a good job for what you paid ... you should be happy. We start at .." and I kid you not these 2 guys said in unicen "$2500 a job" and they said I need to give him a chance to cure the situation if it's within 50 miles or small claims will just throw it out.

You know what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna wash and wax my 95, and drive over there, and show him what a good paint job is. And try and settle this. I want a discount at least, for the prep work HE SOLD ME that never got done, and I want the runs fixed, and the broken parts replaced.

The guy I talked to today from Maaco said in a very angry manner, when I threatened to challenge the charge against my credit card (it went something like this):

You've made up your mind. That's what the courts are for. Take it to small claims court.

Me: Don't jump to conclusions .... if you reverse the charge to my credit card, I might forget about it.

Him: Well, I can't fix it, until the paint cures.

Me: The whole job needs to be done over, do you hear me? You defrauded me. Or, you made an honest mistake and forgot to prep ..

Him: No ... you've made up your mind. That's what the courts are for.

Me: You lied to me, from the start. You ripped me off. I told you that I was going to sell this Jeep ... and now I gotta wait 6 weeks for you to fix stuff you were supposed to do 2 months prior? I told you I'm not bringing in the Jeep on the 7th to be fixed, because I don't trust you.

And the entire time, he's yelling bring it to court, bring it to court!

Well ....let's just say, I get free legal advice. He better hope it never makes it to court. What am I supposed to do, trying to sell this Jeep now. "Maaco promised to fix it." That's all I can tell people.

I'm prolly gonna take a big loss.

Last edited by ZonaWrangler; 05-24-2005 at 01:52 AM..
ZonaWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2005, 05:41 AM   #2
Jeep225

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaWrangler
So, everyone I have shown this paintjob to has said it sucked. So I Mapquest another shop today and go over there to get an estimate to fix it. And when I mention Maaco, the guy say's,

"Jerry Abbott"

And I say yeh, that's him. Turns out my "sales guy" was the owner. "Yeah, he's a good guy. It's a good job for what you paid ... you should be happy. We start at .." and I kid you not these 2 guys said in unicen "$2500 a job" and they said I need to give him a chance to cure the situation if it's within 50 miles or small claims will just throw it out.

You know what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna wash and wax my 95, and drive over there, and show him what a good paint job is. And try and settle this. I want a discount at least, for the prep work HE SOLD ME that never got done, and I want the runs fixed, and the broken parts replaced.

The guy I talked to today from Maaco said in a very angry manner, when I threatened to challenge the charge against my credit card (it went something like this):

You've made up your mind. That's what the courts are for. Take it to small claims court.

Me: Don't jump to conclusions .... if you reverse the charge to my credit card, I might forget about it.

Him: Well, I can't fix it, until the paint cures.

Me: The whole job needs to be done over, do you hear me? You defrauded me. Or, you made an honest mistake and forgot to prep ..

Him: No ... you've made up your mind. That's what the courts are for.

Me: You lied to me, from the start. You ripped me off. I told you that I was going to sell this Jeep ... and now I gotta wait 6 weeks for you to fix stuff you were supposed to do 2 months prior? I told you I'm not bringing in the Jeep on the 7th to be fixed, because I don't trust you.

And the entire time, he's yelling bring it to court, bring it to court!

Well ....let's just say, I get free legal advice. He better hope it never makes it to court. What am I supposed to do, trying to sell this Jeep now. "Maaco promised to fix it." That's all I can tell people.

I'm prolly gonna take a big loss.
I say screw the courts. It appears that he thinks he has a good chance of walking in small claims. I would go right to my CC company and file a complaint against the shop for a reversal. A number of years ago I ordered an exhaust system for my Mustang, that was supposed to fit but didn't. I brought it back to the shop for a refund, but they wanted a 20% restocking fee. No way was I going to pay for that, so I filed a complaint with my CC company, got a refund through them and also kept the exhaust.
Jeep225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2005, 07:53 AM   #3
COJAM

Yeah ordering parts and having work (labor) done are two different things. Call Macco corporate. The guy runs a shop with a national brand. Ask for a VP.

Sounds like a bad situation. You should talk about this in General disco forum. Not really YJ specific.

Here:

Maaco Enterprises, Inc.
381 Brooks Rd
King of Prussia, PA 19406
US
+1 610 265 6606
webmaster@maaco.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.