M.O.R.E Boomerang shackles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > M.O.R.E Boomerang shackles

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 09-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
jvallery
1992 YJ Wrangler 

M.O.R.E Boomerang shackles

Hi All,

I've just swaped in a Ford 8.8 into my chasis and I'm thinking about putting the M.O.R.E boomerang shackles on to compensate for the increased size of the axle tube. The extra 3/8" lift should work out to be just about what I need.

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/_e/Lu...D/LS9081HD.htm

My question is that when ordering the shackles M.O.R.E needs to know the width and inside diameter of the spring. I've just installed the Rough Country 4" lift and so I'm using those springs. The Jeep isn't here with me so I can't measure. My assumption is that the springs are 2.5" wide but I'm not sure about the inner diameter. Does anyone know?

Thanks
-JV

Unread 09-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
RockWoRM
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm having a bit of a brain fart... but IIRC, the ID of the spring eyes are 1 1/2". (so don't quote me. lol) Your width is correct. But if you tell MORE what all you have I would'nt worry about it. btw... ya might think about the 5/8" shackles instead of the 3/8". You may have lost more in the back than you realize. .o2.

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
jvallery
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks RockWoRM! I ordered the 5/8" lift version based on your advice and gave M.O.R.E a heads-up on my springs. I'm sure they will know what I need.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.