Luk clutch vs. Luk Gold Pro - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Luk clutch vs. Luk Gold Pro

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
bryris
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Luk clutch vs. Luk Gold Pro

These two clutch kits are $100 apart. Is the Pro Gold worth the money? Why?

bryris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
dasgreif

For a 1993 YJ kit including a new slave.

$152 for standard
$174 for Gold

Just average prices I found on the internet, may want to shop around some if there is that much of a difference.

1993 YJ 4.0L... Daily driver/mudder/crawler/hunter

Stroker, Flowmaster, RE XD 2.5 kit w/ 31 BFGs
dasgreif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The gold version has a higher torque capacity and keeps a higher clamp load over a longer period of time than a normal clutch.

If you're pretty aggressive off-road, it's worth it to buy the gold version. I got mine from http://www.dialaclutch.com -- great service and decent prices.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #4
Jeepinjoshwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasgreif
For a 1993 YJ kit including a new slave.

$152 for standard
$174 for Gold

Just average prices I found on the internet, may want to shop around some if there is that much of a difference.
Where did you find that price for the gold?
[CENTER][COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR]95 YJ 4.0 AX15 [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR] 231 w/ Teraflex HD SYE [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR] Woody Shaft [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR] BDS 4.5" lift [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR] 33X12.50 BFG M/T [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR] D30 + 8.8 LS w/ 4.10 [COLOR="DarkGreen"]|[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Jeepinjoshwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
bryris
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I bought the regular one from dial a clutch. I never off road, just highway and the occasional traffic jam. Its not my daily driver anyway, just a fun weekend warrior for heading to the beach and/or enjoying the sunny weather. I think the standard OEM will work fine for many years of that type of driving.
bryris is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.