Lower YJ Seat Brackets? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lower YJ Seat Brackets?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
Vagabond52
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Lower YJ Seat Brackets?

I got some practically new seats from a friend and tried to install them in my YJ with disappointing results. Basically the new seat are more of a racing style seat and is higher in the front by a few inches due to the shape of the lower seat not being flat like stock seats. I put them in and my feet don't even touch the floor board! lol.

Does anyone know a good replacement bracket that would lower the seats? I'm hoping not too have to fab something or get new seats. Thanks for the help.

Vagabond52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i think you are going to be bummed out as everything i have read requires fabbing your own lowering brackets.
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Cut and weld! I feel your pain; I am 5'5" and have a hard time touching the floor when I sit on the toilet, so you can just imagine the nightmare it is for me to drive my YJ! Hahahaha! Modify your stock seat risers so they fit the way YOU want your seat to fit you.
USMCBuckWild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have summit racing seats and had to fab the mounting by using 1' square tube and placed it underneath the top lip instead of on top. It leveled the seat and made it so I could fit under the steering wheel with my thighs.

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Vagabond52
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Dang, I would think there would be a company out there that made shorter brackets. I used to be able to mod, but my brother took his welder back to Northern Cal and he was the welder . Has anyone tried that corbel brand or whatever it's called? I know they make them for their own seats...
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Vagabond52
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
I have summit racing seats and had to fab the mounting by using 1' square tube and placed it underneath the top lip instead of on top. It leveled the seat and made it so I could fit under the steering wheel with my thighs.
Do you have a picture of your fab work?
Unread 07-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond52 View Post
Has anyone tried that corbel brand or whatever it's called? I know they make them for their own seats...
The Corbeau Moab is probably what you're talking about. Pretty comfortable and looks badass, those are the seats I'm getting. They also make their own 4 and 5 point harnesses.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/racing-seats/JKMoab.jpg

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #8
elermer5

lowering seats

I lowered my seats 89 yj. By grinding out the lower front rivets or pivots. Drilled new holes in the supports and rebolted every back together. Worked great and easy. No welding.
elermer5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modification , replacement , seat adjustment , seat bracket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.