Low compression - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Low compression

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
wrangler94

Low compression

I have a 94 with 2.5l. It has low compression in #2 & #3 cyls. It only has 86000 miles on it none of which are hard driven miles. I've heard of a product you can use to unstick piston rings for a better seal, pls someone let me in on the secret of this mystery fluid. Plus, how long will this work. I will be doing a complete overhaul of the engine in the future, but for now the timing and the funds are not available. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

wrangler94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
Ares
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler94
I have a 94 with 2.5l. It has low compression in #2 & #3 cyls. It only has 86000 miles on it none of which are hard driven miles. I've heard of a product you can use to unstick piston rings for a better seal, pls someone let me in on the secret of this mystery fluid. Plus, how long will this work. I will be doing a complete overhaul of the engine in the future, but for now the timing and the funds are not available. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Hmmm, there are some chemicals you can try in your local store. I think one is Restore...comes in a silver can, supposed to be pretty good. But the only way to really restore your compression is by replacing the rings and cleaning the cylinders/pistons. Remember, its not always your rings fault for low compression

Axle Information Thread
Oil Filter Study
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

One possibility is that the head gasket is blown between cylinders 2 & 3 causing poosr compression on both cyls.
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
drew2000
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

How low is low?

Drew
Unread 04-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #5
Smash209
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Any chance you might share your secrets?

All in all, i'm not much of a believer in additives, except for maybe fuel-injector cleaner.
~~~~~~~~~ \\// ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Smash209 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.