Loud noise from 5th gear.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Loud noise from 5th gear..

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 01-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
MarineJeep95

Loud noise from 5th gear..

I've got a question now...

I have 5th gear, but the sound of it is HORRIBLE. It sounds like heavy equipment tracks on pavement or something... I have power sent to the wheels, but like I said I get that noise... at times when i put on the brake it sounds like a large lump and feels like the whole tranny just fell of the jeep.it locked up on me so i couldnt move and was stuck in 1st gear... Any possibility that I just lost the snap ring, or is there something more wrong with mine? If not, I'd be more than willing to tackle the problem myself. i made a video that you can see of the noise..if anyone can help it would be great thanks..

http://youtu.be/-sCbEJv0kOU

MarineJeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

fill out your jeep profile please. We have no way of knowing what your working on other wise.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
1998zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like what happened to mine before the transmission destroyed itself. I drove it around as a 4 speed for about a year before it shredded most of the teeth off of the gears.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.