Lost tach, speedometer, & gauges - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lost tach, speedometer, & gauges

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
dadickster
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Lost tach, speedometer, & gauges

I have a stock 94 YJ with the 2.5 motor & 5 speed transmission. I rode in an area that had just been logged. When I got home my jeep wouldn't crank. I got under the jeep and find the wire on the solenoid pulled off. I replaced the starter, but it wouldn't crank. the battery was fine but the starter wouldn't make a sound. I took it to my mechanic and he found a wire hanging (close to the o2 sensor) comming out of the passenger side of the transmission. He spliced it back together and the jeep cranked. On my way home I realized my tach, speedometer, and other guages weren't working. I went back to my mechanic. He said it must be the wires he spliced. He looked up the part saying it is a transmission jumper. He called a jeep dealer who said it is 94specific and no longer made.
Thoughts or suggestions please.
Thanks

dadickster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.