Lost Brakes and pedal went to floor.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lost Brakes and pedal went to floor....

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
Sasquatch4x4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Lost Brakes and pedal went to floor....

so had a problem with my brakes today. was on a trail near my house at a pretty off camber spot and stuck pretty good, hook up the winch and winched my self out, when i was at a good spot to stop i hit the brakes and the pedal went to the floor and i had no braking. i was going slow enough i could stop no problem with the gears. after winding up the winch i checked all my lines and my master cylinder, the fluid level was fine and there were no broken lines. when i got back in the jeep i pumped the brakes a couple times and they seemed to go back to normal, drove home (about a mile down the road) and there seem to be no trouble.

I dont really want this to happen again randomly in a worse spot like traffic or something, could it have just been a big air bubble that finally made its way to the master cylinder when i was at the off camber spot? any ideas on what i could do to trouble shoot?

Unread 11-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
stenyeart

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Air lines in the brakes can cause intermittent conditions like this. I would bleed the brakes and see what you have.

You said the fluid level was fine, but was it low enough that the off camber would have caused air to get into the lines?
stenyeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.