Losing Power while driving - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Losing Power while driving

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #31
ad-man
1989 XJ Cherokee 

OK so I got back to working on this thing. running and idling good. But can't get it to run good around 60 or above. Just bogs down after a couple of miles and have to drop it back to 3rd. Not sure if I should have the carb rebuilt or get a new one very thing else is working good

ad-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #32
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Bump for the carb guys on the forum.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #33
ad-man
1989 XJ Cherokee 

So just how hard would this be to rebuild myself. I am thinking of getting a kit. Then putting the video camera on a tripod and record how I take it apart. I feel.comfortable tearing it down and putting it back together. Its the adjustments to make the thing run right that I am clueless on.
This is all if it is the card that is causing this problem. I have never had a rig with tires this large (32") before. So this maybe the way it is. But i hope not. Really would like to highway this thing to someplaces to off road.
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #34
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I say go for it. You've come this far.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #35
ad-man
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Well I took some pictures of the carb before I left the house today so I could ask this question. But now I see they are to large to add as an attachment. I thought that it would be a carter BBD, but it looks more like a WGD. But not totally. This is on a n 87 4.2 6 cyl. I am hoping some that really knows carbs would be able to tell me if one of those would not be able to bolt i am this motor.
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #36
ad-man
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I have been trying to upload a photo of the carb for a few days now and I keep getting a file failed message. Anyone know why?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.