Loosing Oil Pressure.. Thoughts, where to start? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Loosing Oil Pressure.. Thoughts, where to start?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-04-2011, 06:53 AM   #16
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Rampage View Post
If you do decide on the eBay way, be sure the parts are reputable. Ie: Felpro Gaskets, Sealed Power rings, etc... Not some "Made in Malaysia" junk. If I recall, NAPA or Advance Auto have Master Rebuild Kits for ~$550.
Agreed. You don't want to do the job twice.

jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #17
rksnow1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, the kit I was looking at is from a seller called RedLine on ebay, Ive bought stuff from them before and had good service, the kit looks to have good brands.. Sealed Power, Hyper Pistons, King Bearing, Federal Mongul, Hastings etc... Looks like everything I would need, now i need to figure out what size pistons to go with and see how much it would be to have bored out.
rksnow1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #18
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

If money is an issue, try running straight 30 weight oil. It will bring your pressure up. If you has a lot of crud, could a piece of crud not have blocked the oil passage to the sender? I was thinking about this on another engine my friend has. I was thinking of removing the oil sending unit and have someone to hold a rag over the hole and start the engine up for a few seconds to flush out anything that could be blocking the hole.
Unread 09-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #19
Desert_Rampage
1989 YJ Wrangler 

RedLine is a GREAT company. They are a dealer for the Weber conv. kits. I think you found yourself a deal!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.