looking to upgrade my D30 front axle
So i am on here again looking for suggestion on my next upgrade, Replacing the stock front D30 on my YJ.
A little update on the old YJ, crawler
- 93 YJ, 4.0 with a 5 spd manula trans
- 35 inch MTR on 15 inch wheels.
- Tera Low transfere case upgrade
- SLE with CV rear drive line
- Rear dif is a Ford 8.8 rear dif , open with 4.56 gear
- front dif is a D30 with Lockrite locker, 4.56 gears, stock axle shafts.
- SOA set up with 1.5 inch springs
- Home made Cross over / High steer system.
- I drive my Jeep to and from the tral, when off road I run the rocks mostly how ever I do run a little snow from time to time.
I am looking for pros / cons on front axle upgrades such as
- D44, G2
- D44. 78-79 F150
I am also looking to stay with normal YJ width axle as well as 5 lug x 15 inch wheels
any suggestion would be greatly appriciated.
1993 YJ, 4 inch lift, 33 x 12.5 BGF AT, stk gears, locker in the front