looking to swap tranny's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > looking to swap tranny's

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 06-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
shovelrunner
1987 YJ Wrangler 

looking to swap tranny's

What would be the easiest bolt up trans to a 4.2 I'm looking to get rid of the Peugeot.it can anyone point me in the right direction as money is a little tight.

shovelrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
SamzJeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey shovel...there's some good info in the FAQ section on this. I recently dropped in an AX15 and TC that was out of a '97 XJ. It wasn't too tough at all. I scored the tranny/tc/drive shaft (front XJ to be used for YJ rear after shortened/balanced/sye) and all shifter/linkage from Craigslist for 300 bucks. I used a pilot bearing for a '74 CJ5 V8, made my own tranny mount. If you change your clutch, make sure to use the pilot bearing tool to line up you clutch correctly. Check out the FAQ...there's a good write up on this exact swap. Then you can search for more write ups on this forum for further details if needed. I think I ended up paying about 350 for the entire tranny/tc swap. The XJ TC is slightly different than the YJ, so you have to clock the TC mounting holes 10 degree. Not too tough at all. Good luck....
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamzJeep View Post
Hey shovel...there's some good info in the FAQ section on this. I recently dropped in an AX15 and TC that was out of a '97 XJ. It wasn't too tough at all. I scored the tranny/tc/drive shaft (front XJ to be used for YJ rear after shortened/balanced/sye) and all shifter/linkage from Craigslist for 300 bucks. I used a pilot bearing for a '74 CJ5 V8, made my own tranny mount. If you change your clutch, make sure to use the pilot bearing tool to line up you clutch correctly. Check out the FAQ...there's a good write up on this exact swap. Then you can search for more write ups on this forum for further details if needed. I think I ended up paying about 350 for the entire tranny/tc swap. The XJ TC is slightly different than the YJ, so you have to clock the TC mounting holes 10 degree. Not too tough at all. Good luck....
NICE avatar!!!

now...
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.