looking for a source for wiring diagrams - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > looking for a source for wiring diagrams

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 07-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
amc75matador
1988 YJ Wrangler 

looking for a source for wiring diagrams

Hey guys, I am in the process of making my own wiring harness, well I have a 89 interior harness and I am building my engine harness as I have a 360 in there now, I am looking for a source for wiring diagrams for early YJ, anyone know of any, when I google search I come up with all kinds of crap but nothing that I can use

Unread 07-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Jeepsr4me

The factory service manual has all that. And there is the link to them on here somewhere..
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
ROWA

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Check this URL, http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...ex.htm#service

The best Engineering is no match against natural Stupidity.
ROWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
90DesertTanYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

As mentioned an FSM will be your best source, Morris is providing a nice service with the online library but '93 is all they have for us. The electrical diagrams in the FSM are pretty extensive, each system is covered with color codes, connector pics and more. Pre 90 YJs are all pretty similar but there are differences. It would also be useful to know what year harness you have and the year of the 360, especially if it has all the OEM sensors

With the Carter carb, the early YJ engine harness has a bunch of wires that will be unneeded with your 360. The ECU will be unnecessary as well because its there for the Carter and all its little solenoids, sensors and other gizmos. You may be better off trying to find an older full size Cherokee/Wagoneer or pick up with the 360 and grab the engine harness and. At least your sensor connectors will work. You might also consider a Painless harness.

Blending harnesses together can be tedious, I dont envy what you have in store. Good luck with it!
90DesertTanYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
Jeepsr4me

NO there is a link to the FSM for the YJs on here. A real link that you can down load the whole thing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40590346/87-...M%20manual.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40590346/199...e%20Manual.pdf
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
NO there is a link to the FSM for the YJs on here. A real link that you can down load the whole thing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40590346/87-...M%20manual.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40590346/199...e%20Manual.pdf
this is an excellent resource. one that anyone with an early yj can use.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.