Looking for opinions - YJ tub purchase - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Looking for opinions - YJ tub purchase

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #16
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost in mud View Post
The one you have to rivet takes a special rivet and that is looked at when I would go for an inspection.
how is this rivet special?

also, looking at the $4k-5k tubs on quadratec I found no mention of them coming with titles... I guess those were for cj's but still

Shadownwpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #17
Destr0
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My CJ with replaced tub passed IN police inspection for antique plates and the vin tag on the firewall was not even in place- I had it in the glove box because I forgot to pop rivet it in place. He never checked - he only looked at the vin tag on the windshield frame. That too had been swapped over but the whole plate it bolts to was swapped to the new window frame.

I only paid $1200 for my 94 YJ with 95K miles - but that was up in Chicago and it had lots of little issues and rust (but I did drive it home an hour away fine).

~Kevin
Destr0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #18
Fozzybear42
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I've been hunting tubs here in Colorado for a few weeks. Still haven't made a final decision but what I've found is rust free still needing some TLC around here is in the 600 range. A grand to me seems like too much, but that does sound pretty average for what I found calling around to some yards in Texas.
Fozzybear42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #19
Jeepsr4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost in mud View Post
The one you have to rivet takes a special rivet and that is looked at when I would go for an inspection.
You must not know that the vin tag on a YJ is BOLTED in so all you got to do is take the windshield down and pull the wiper motor and the vin plate comes out..

No way in hell would any one know you swapped vins. There are a couple more plates on the tube and grill. but those fall off ALL the time..
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #20
Nowiser
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I am up in South Bend, IN and if I could pick up a rust free tub right now for $1000 I would do it. I am having 0 luck finding anything... I had a lead from California but his shipper wouldnt be out east till September, and I can't wait that long.

Has anyone had luck shipping tubs? If so who did you use?

Thanks, not meaning to hijack a thread
Nowiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #21
lost in mud

Back to the top. Looking for any tubs, do not need a title as I found out in Indiana I can apply for an assembled title and be done with it.

So if anyone has any leads on a somewhat clean, little to no rust i have cash and want to buy as soon as possible.
lost in mud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #22
Jeepsr4me

look in the south and no snow states. A road trip will net you a fine tub and less cost than finding one up north. I know where 2 complete wranglers with near mint bodys for less than 1500 each.. One has a 4.0.
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #23
lost in mud

i would love to look south but I dont have the time off work to make a long trip.

I usually work 6 days a week anyways so getting off has to be planned months ahead.
lost in mud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #24
Jeepsr4me

having a complete roller shipped is not bad. Then sale off the parts you dont use. A cross country ship of a jeep was like 600 bucks. Plenty of shipping companies needing the work..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.