Looking at a modded 93 Sahara - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Looking at a modded 93 Sahara

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 05-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
BIGNUTT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looking at a modded 93 Sahara

I am an XJ guy and new to YJs. I am just looking for a little advice/help.

Its a 93 YJ Sahara with 95k miles 4.0L/5-speed. It has 4.56s and detroits, new balljoints, an SYE, cv driveshaft, SOA lift, ARB bullbar, Warn 9k and rock rails for $5500.

I am wondering what to look for on this Jeep? I mean what are common issues for this model YJ?

Also I want to run 35s, I found a built 8.8 for the rear, but being SOA I noticed the steering is still stock. What do you guys usually do?

Proud to be a Christian
BIGNUTT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
RoverJeep90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

With all the work in that I'd say that probably isn't a bad deal--relatively low milage too. Although I'm no expert in the "highly modded rigs," my first inclination would be to take that at face value (all the upgrades) but look closer at the body wear, rust, etc. All the parts on the Jeep may be nice, but you need a decent tub, you know?
Sony CDX-GT300 | Kicker ZX500.1 | Kicker ZX350.4 | Kicker ZX200.2 | Kicker L5 Solobaric Sub | Kicker 6x9's | Apline 6.5's | Boston 4x6's
Truckstop CB Antenna | Class 3 Hitch
RoverJeep90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
BIGNUTT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ohh I know, I;ve owned many Jeeps, just never a YJ. I didn't know if there was anything YJ specific I might need to look into?

My plans (if you see anything wrong speak up):

TNT "phantom" fenders
PSC crusher corners, no flare with LEDs
PSC rocker knockers
MORE stubby bumper
TNT OTK steering system
99 Exploder 8.8 with 4.56s, ARB locker, alloy shafts

After that I am unsure, the bullbar will be sold and the rock rails and the locked/geared d35. I am still unsure about the suspension, but if it rides good I'll be okay for now, I like the height its at now, just will need bumpstop.

Proud to be a Christian

Last edited by BIGNUTT; 05-30-2007 at 09:19 PM..
BIGNUTT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
SwearingYeti
1991 YJ Wrangler 

There are high steer kits floating around, Ive read about them, but have no real knowledge on the subject. Apparently they are $300+, but there are junkyard tricks to everything I suppose. Sounds like a good deal. Make sure the tranny doesnt grind, its about that mileage...
SwearingYeti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #5
yjdrvr

if you can weld and are pretty experienced with it you can build your own high steer. my buddy did and it turned out great. he actually built his entire SOA himself. refuses to buy it. "Built not bought"
yjdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.