looking for a 2.5 block - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > looking for a 2.5 block

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
ThePhluffyOne
1994 ZJ 

looking for a 2.5 block

Ok, here goes nothing...a friend of my sons has a '95 YJ he's still making payments on, (he's only 16, so obviously he's broke) that we thought the head gasket was blown and had the head rebuilt. Lo and behold, it's something else, I'm guessing cracked block. Now, he's broke, his parents are broke, and to top it off, he's Jeepless! I'm hoping to find him a good motor to swap out and hoping someone has got one laying in the garage from a 4.0 changeover they want gone for really cheap? In or close to Virginia, I'm just really trying to help the kid out, his father was(is) a Marine, and his brother just finished boot camp so he can't help. Any help would be appreciated.

ThePhluffyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Jeepsr4me

instead of posting here, try local Craigslist. Plenty of people swapping them and sell cheap whole motor.
Some U pull it places have them in cherokees too,. and dakotas. Same block, just stick his intake and accessories...
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
ThePhluffyOne
1994 ZJ 

I've been searching craigslist for a couple weeks, and no luck so far, but I'll keep looking, this kid is pretty upset, and his parents are too. I wasn't sure a dakota engine would fit, now i'll add that to the search list, thanks.
ThePhluffyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
95greenrio
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I know a guy in WV who just cracked the head on his 4cyl. His screen name on here is asbury, I think he's trying to sell the block.
Unread 04-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 2.5 engine with all the internals. The only issue is that its got real bad blowby so the engine will need a rebuild, and the lifters click like mad.

Sent from a Jeep.
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Thefluffyone you might want to post to the wanted. Any 2.5l block from 87-99 from any of the Jeeps will work so post up to the wanted section here on the forum and check with the XJ guys as well. You are just a little too far or I could help you out. They are all over the place here and usually under $300 in good shape all day long.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.