Lookin at lifts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lookin at lifts

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
College94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Lookin at lifts

I just graduated and will be heading to college. I got about 500 or 600 for my graduation party. I want to get a 2.5" lift with maybe a 1" body. I know RE and Old Man Emu would be great but do you guys think I should just go with a Rough Country lift for about 450 or so and save the rest towards tires I will need soon or save up for a month or so and get a nice lift and run pretty bald tires for a while?

College94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Why not buy tires now then save up for the lift?
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I know certain companies sell individual springs. When I bought mine, I bought the two front springs, then a couple months later, bought the 2 rear springs, and then other parts later on. It helps to spread it out over time financially. (Helped me anyways)
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
Balaban
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I would go with the R/C, I just did mine last month, $517.00 delivered to my door, with everything I needed.

Road stiff for about 2 weeks, now its softer than factory, plus I ditched the sway and track bars.

R/C uses different metal for their springs and they say the old sagging problem is gone, so far so good! Tell em u r a Jeep Forum member and u get 10% off! Good Luck
Balaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
College94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I would go with tires but my stock springs are so saggy whenever I try to go on a trail I smash my gas tank skid into every little bump I go over. And my bald 31's now beat the crap outa my flares enough already. So i was lookin to go with the lift before I broke something.
College94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I've got a BDS 2" on mine and love it...that and you can't beat the lifetime warranty.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 11:53 PM   #7
JeepMan1975
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowdogMarc View Post
I've got a BDS 2" on mine and love it...that and you can't beat the lifetime warranty.
x2.

This is my opinion: the on road ride is much better than stock and better than some of the other competitors.
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #8
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by College94YJ View Post
I would go with tires but my stock springs are so saggy whenever I try to go on a trail I smash my gas tank skid into every little bump I go over. And my bald 31's now beat the crap outa my flares enough already. So i was lookin to go with the lift before I broke something.
So stop off roading for a while. Tires are important to drive under any condition. The lift, not so much.

If this is your only vehicle, tires and no off roading for a while seems like the best idea.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.