lookin into the yj - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lookin into the yj

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #16
dimatrod
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It looks nice! Is it a 4cyl or 6cyl? Also save up $200-300 for a SYE+longer driveshaft, since 4" lift will put stress on that slip yoke as well as maybe just slipping out lol.

dimatrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #17
slamin04
2011 JK Wrangler 

its is a six

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cosmos111/
slamin04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #18
slamin04
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimatrod View Post
It looks nice! Is it a 4cyl or 6cyl? Also save up $200-300 for a SYE+longer driveshaft, since 4" lift will put stress on that slip yoke as well as maybe just slipping out lol.
that would suck

Unread 08-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #19
Skydmark1
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamin04 View Post
that would suck
I would drive it and see if it has any driveline vibrations. Like I say, I have that same lift no SYE with a T-case drop and it's fine. It really depends, 4" of lift is right on the border, seems like some Jeeps need an SYE and some don't. I would say you will definetly need a T-case drop or motor mount lift though.
Unread 08-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #20
slamin04
2011 JK Wrangler 

well guys went and drove the yj today runs out pretty good the header needs welded, and for some reason when going into second gear i've got to pull the shifter to me and down. If i put two fingers on top the shifter and shift down it will go into fourth gear, i ask him about it and he said the tranny and the transfer case where out of a commanche, he said that was better cause it was gear to gear, not sure what do you guys think.

Unread 08-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #21
clarkjdg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamin04 View Post
i really like the YJ interior, im going to look at a 93 Yj in the morning not sure about it yet tho, he just put a 4 rough country, lift and shocks, their is no tcase drop on it. onistly it looks like he did leafs and shocks thats it. here is a pic.
Well when I put my 8.8 in mine I had to pull the tcase drop "off" because the 8.8 raised the angle to where it was suppose to be and didnt need to be there anymore and I added a SYL and new dshafts anyway, check and see if its got a 8.8 rear axle, if it does "Dance in the Street" AFTER you pay for it!!!!! It sounds like what your saying on the shifter is if you just "drop" it down from first its going to the center position which is above 4th which is where it should go when you just drop it out of any gear you have to direct it to what you want it to go to, anytime you just kick it out of any gear, and it own its on unless you are directing it, it will go to the center so you know where you are at that time that way you can shift up, or shift down.
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #22
slamin04
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkjdg View Post
Well when I put my 8.8 in mine I had to pull the tcase drop "off" because the 8.8 raised the angle to where it was suppose to be and didnt need to be there anymore and I added a SYL and new dshafts anyway, check and see if its got a 8.8 rear axle, if it does "Dance in the Street" AFTER you pay for it!!!!! It sounds like what your saying on the shifter is if you just "drop" it down from first its going to the center position which is above 4th which is where it should go when you just drop it out of any gear you have to direct it to what you want it to go to, anytime you just kick it out of any gear, and it own its on unless you are directing it, it will go to the center so you know where you are at that time that way you can shift up, or shift down.
well not really going to center, i have got to pull it, its not smooth like the rest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.