look what the brown truck brought me! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > look what the brown truck brought me!

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Offroad Sales Tech are Available To Help!Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, Disc

Unread 11-19-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
SeanWilliams
1999 WJ 

look what the brown truck brought me!

look what i got today

treadwright 305/70R16 aka 33x12.50 R16 Backbone 2 tires $100 each

SeanWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
Mawkus
2014 JK Wrangler 

Keep us posted on how these ride, is this where you ordered? Retread Tires - Buy Retread Tires, Cheap Tires, Off Road Tires, and Retreads Online
Mawkus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 01:03 AM   #3
SeanWilliams
1999 WJ 

yea

305-70R16-BACKBONE-2-M-T-(D) - Retread Tires from TreadWright, Inc.
Unread 11-19-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
sampsonite987
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawkus View Post
Keep us posted on how these ride
x2
sampsonite987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 06:22 AM   #5
Roadyy

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have not heard a single bad reference to any tires from them. They have great customer service and warranty on their tires. There are several guys on here who run them and I plan on ordering mine from them after first of the year.
Nice set up you got there.
Roadyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
mdubs
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I thought retreads were the devil...

Seriously, I know that I was always told that retreads were dangerous and unreliable while I was growing up. Now that I'm old enough to think for myself, I'm intrigued by these tires.

Do me a favor and post up a few months from now with your overall impression of the tires and their performance off and specifically ON the road.

Good looking set of meats man.
Unread 11-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #7
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

congrats on the new tires....very interesting set of doors you got there in the last picture....you make those?
Unread 11-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
SeanWilliams
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UABYJ94 View Post
I have not heard a single bad reference to any tires from them. They have great customer service and warranty on their tires. There are several guys on here who run them and I plan on ordering mine from them after first of the year.
Nice set up you got there.
when im about to spend a lot of money i go into research mode, i LITERALLY read over 300 testimonials, 17 magizene reviews, and about 4 youtube reviews about Tread wright tires and i have not read a single negative review about these tires or the company. from what ive read these tires are just as good as anything else, and cost half the price. and treadwrights customer service is stellar, they dont make mistakes and if they do, they fix it free of charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I thought retreads were the devil...

Seriously, I know that I was always told that retreads were dangerous and unreliable while I was growing up. Now that I'm old enough to think for myself, I'm intrigued by these tires.

Do me a favor and post up a few months from now with your overall impression of the tires and their performance off and specifically ON the road.

Good looking set of meats man.
i was in the good posisition of being completely biased about these tires when i was first told about them, i had NEVER heard of retreads, so i did research about how they are made and as i i stated above, they are just as good as any other tires.

i really like writing reviews and whats more im good at it, so when i get them mounted and balanced ( ill be doing it my self at the highschool auto shop ) and on the jeep, ill give an initial impression after about a week. and ill do another one after about 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian22 View Post
congrats on the new tires....very interesting set of doors you got there in the last picture....you make those?
no, they are POS glass top doors or some BS. i cant use them, they dont fit my new top, they were for the top that i had that flew off on the free way, so im driving around with no doors for the foreseeable future :/
Unread 11-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Will wait for updates!!!
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
SeanWilliams
1999 WJ 

im looking forward to these tires... if im impressed with these i wont ever buy off road tires from anywhere else.
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #11
dukeryder
1995 YJ Wrangler 

How'd they work out?
dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
Cooter92YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWilliams View Post
i really like writing reviews and whats more im good at it, so when i get them mounted and balanced ( ill be doing it my self at the highschool auto shop ) and on the jeep, ill give an initial impression after about a week. and ill do another one after about 3 months. :/
A few more months and it'll be 3 years! Maybe that's what he meant? Must have been a heck of an initial impression! He ain't done wheelin them to let the rest of us know!
Cooter92YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #13
Firefyter-Emt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

There could be an obituary from a couple years back. Something about a Jeep crash and tire investigation.
LOL!
Firefyter-Emt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #14
flashy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm on my second set of treadwright guard dogs. Got about 50k out of them, no problems, balanced well, wore evenly. Fast shipping. As long as they have the size I want....I will never go to expensive name brand. This set I got with kedge grip.

94 YJ slightly modified

00 WJ stock
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
87TPIYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Got too love Brown Santa!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.