Long term YJ affair - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Long term YJ affair

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineArtec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 06-03-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
mYJ

Long term YJ affair

After getting snowed out half way up due to drifts today scouting for the season one of my favorite nearby trails, Jenny Creek, it gave me a chance to think. I'm now working on the 14th year of owning / trail running my YJ and how I love it even more now than that December day in 1991 when I bought it new. The snow today reminded me of the first time I had it out, when I slid it sideways on an icy trail wedging it in the trees on a shelf road and nearly tearing off the tire carrier and losing the whole Jeep. I remember first nice day I got to put the top down in Spring and experiencing the pure joy of the sunshine and wind on my face. Since then its taken me to Moab trails more than a dozen times and at least 300+ trail runs here in Colorado. I bought new thinking it would be fun to have a 4wd and a convertable while being less expensive than my sportbikes... well two out of three isn't too bad!

Sorry about gushing but I was wondering how many of you have owned your YJ since it was new or close to it? Here's to many more happy years for all of us!

[SIZE=1]92 YJ 2.5, OME, Flat Fendered, 31" Big O XTs, Crager Soft 8s, Posi-Lok, no sway/track bars, Exide Orbital, K&N, 4.0 TB & TBS, Mopar Performance Cam, Glass pack & Hi-Flow cat, Grant GT Removable Wheel, Tuffy Console, Other Stuff.[/SIZE]
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=2]Black JeepClub V2.0 #33[/SIZE] [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] - Me & Roy[/FONT]
mYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.