long first crank, cranks fine after that - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > long first crank, cranks fine after that

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 08-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #16
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Time for your niece to learn 20th century automotive diagnostics!

mike134 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #17
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike134 View Post
Time for your niece to learn 20th century automotive diagnostics!
The LAST thing I want to do is teach another young woman how to work on and diagnose a Jeep YJ... once is enough..
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club #91
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s

TJ FOR SALE
Luuca is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2014, 10:47 PM   #18
MiNiSaBa
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93 View Post
Minisaba, what is the build date on your YJ? My 95 has a build date of 11/94 and has a separate fuel filter on the frame rail just forward of the tank.
Build date is somewhere in 1995, only one fuel filter and thats located on the fuel pump.

Update: yesterday I went to purchased the fuel pressure regulator and slapped it on. Jeep starts on the first crank without the help of throttle. I let it sit for 30 minutes, an hour Nd overnight and it starts on the first crank without any problems now.
Before if I let it sit for even five minutes it would crank for a long time and start, butvthe start would be weak until the computer stabilized the rpms. It would start faster if I gave it throttle but even at that it would hesitate. Now I'm just happy that it starts with no problems, it hasn't worked like this in a few months. Thanks everyone!!!
MiNiSaBa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #19
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome!
mike134 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2014, 02:16 AM   #20
Hawaii5O
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome!
Hawaii5O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #21
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93 View Post
Minisaba, what is the build date on your YJ? My 95 has a build date of 11/94 and has a separate fuel filter on the frame rail just forward of the tank.
there is a mesh type prefilter on the pump which is what i think he was referring to, but the "main" fuel filter is along the frame rail and is the one that should be serviced every 20k or so.

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #22
XJ93
1993 ZJ 

OP claims there is no filter on his rail AZdEvil. I'm not trying to argue with him but I'd like a pic of the frame rail right by the left rear wheel to see if there is a bracket there. I have changed mine twice, and it's a pain but I can't imagine a p.o. removing it all together, maybe a p.o. moved it up farther? There has to be a main inline filter in his system somewhere.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2014, 12:04 AM   #23
MiNiSaBa
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I will check again tomorrow, I could had missed it. I don't mind admitting that I did miss it. I'll post pics tomorrow.
MiNiSaBa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.