Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Lockers..... Couldn't find the search-button....

837 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  TESZJ 
#1 ·
Hey everybody!

Here in Norway there is A LOT of snow for the moment, and I am seriously considering a locker for my YJ. I want the ARB, but my dollars say no......:brickwall

So.... Is there anyone of you who have links/tests to the different automatic lockers that I can get in my 1988 YJ?

Also interesting in hearing from those of you who have tried some of theese lockers and how you feel about them? pro's and con's?

Tor-Erik
Namsos,
Norway

#2 ·
I've got an Aussie Locker in my 95 YJ Dana 30. Works great. Quiet on road and gives great traction in 4WD. I've even got a TJ like setup for the front passenger side where the vacuum disconect is and I don't even know its there on the road.

http://www.aussielocker.com/

Check them out. Its an improved design on the Lock-Right.

#7 ·
That is a good point about snow and ice as well as the rear axles being weaker than the front. (Unless you upgrade to D44 or 8.8)

#8 ·
TESZJ said:
Hey everybody!
I want the ARB, but my dollars say no......:brickwall
U have dollars in Norway???? lol

anyway... I would save my (dollars) and get the selectable locker. Automatics don't do so well on ice and snow on pavement. Off road snow is another matter, they work quite well.

WoRM :dunno:

#9 ·
RockWoRM said:
U have dollars in Norway???? lol

WoRM :dunno:
So..... Save my dollars for ARB manual lockers then....:eek:

Counting my YJ in dollars, as its too expensive to buy JEEP parts in Norway.... As an example: YJ Rubber Cowl (between front windshield and frame) costs about 29 USD (about 200 Norwegian kroner), and at my JEEP-shop here in Norway he asks 2910 Norwegian kroner for the rubber cowl!!!! Thats about 450 USD!!!:drool:

So, that's about 15 times what it costs over at you guys...... Having a JEEP in Norway is expensive......

Mine is an 1988 YJ standard axels, no lift, no extras with the 4.2 Liter Carter..... It costed med 59 000 NOK ( about 9 140 USD)........:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.