locker front or rear??? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > locker front or rear???

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #46
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyjeep85 View Post
thanks everyone for all the info and your ! he went with an e-locker in the front!

and for the record, my CJ is your YJ's daddy!!!!!
i kid, i kid!!!

thanks for all the help!
If he's got the money to go full carrier and E-locker to boot, good for him. Best of both worlds. Locked when you need it, open when you don't...

Unread 08-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #47
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
If he's got the money to go full carrier and E-locker to boot, good for him. Best of both worlds. Locked when you need it, open when you don't...
posi kit and weld will do the same thing..... sorta... poor man selectable locker lol....

I run a posi in the front, and welded it, I run low range off road, so it is 3 wheel drive when in low range, with power to the driver wheel, when I pull the cable, and the collar slides over, now I R lockededed... and ya do the front... regardless......

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #48
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

WOW I would have said rear over front if I was to only have 1 locker. I have ARB's F&R and I use the rear 10 to 1 over the front. Not that would lock a D35 either but take that out of the mix, I would go rear first. I have not had other such as lunchox type lockers. I only know that when I lock the front in it is VERY DIFFICULT to get the jeep to make turns, it wants to keep going straight. I do a lot of rock type trails and still very rarely need both locked up. I just did the Rubicon a few weeks ago and only locked the front twice for about 20 feet each time, I had the rear locked all day.

Again it makes it hard to make turns with front locked up on mine

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #49
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
WOW I would have said rear over front if I was to only have 1 locker. I have ARB's F&R and I use the rear 10 to 1 over the front. Not that would lock a D35 either but take that out of the mix, I would go rear first. I have not had other such as lunchox type lockers. I only know that when I lock the front in it is VERY DIFFICULT to get the jeep to make turns, it wants to keep going straight. I do a lot of rock type trails and still very rarely need both locked up. I just did the Rubicon a few weeks ago and only locked the front twice for about 20 feet each time, I had the rear locked all day.

Sounds like you took some challanging lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #50
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post

That's kinda what I was trying to say before about locking the rear. If I could only have one locker. Which is usually how it is.
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.