lock right made selectable - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lock right made selectable

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
mojeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

lock right made selectable

A posi lock can do the same thing but my vaccum disco works fine so i bought a 1/4" 3-ball valve from grainger removed the hard line from the check valve on the firewall ran a new line into the cab to the bottom of valve then ran two new lines from valve outputs inside cab to frontend with plenty of slack for flex hooked one on each side of disco and with the turn of a lever i can lock and unlock the pass side, this is only usefull with a locker of course, and my 4x4 light works in conjuction. works pretty sweet,anyone done this? I know pics would be nice but dont have a cam, very easy to do maybe 15min.

mojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
RockWoRM
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds interesting... but yes, pics would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

I did this, however, all of my vac lines were in decent shape, so I just unhooked them from the T-case and re-routed them into the cab and up to the dash. Also, I used a rotary type valve, 1/4 turn of the knob locks/unlocks the disconnect. I left the vent port on the valve open behind the dash, so I get a cool "shshsh" sound when I turn the knob.

One thing I have noticed though, you need to either be sitting still, or have the T-case already in 4wd, before you engage the axle disconnect. If not, you'll get a "bang" when the axle engages and starts to turn the drive shaft.

even if you don't have a front locker, this mod gives you the ability to have 2LO, which I find that I use quite a bit for moving the trailer around the property.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.