A little vibration - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > A little vibration

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #16
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1985 View Post
get the autozone gold for the life time warranty they are decent just make sure to keep them greased

with your vibrations since you used atf not an oil you might of ate up a bearing my input bearing went out and cased the same symptoms
If ATF is not an oil then what is it? There are bearings n stuff in an auto box that must be lubricated and ATF does this just fine in them. Many manual boxes use ATF just fine.

Dwayne

4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #17
YJBlues
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The ujoint doesn't have to even be classically "bad" to cause a vibration, if it hasn't been greased in way too long it can get so it doesn't move like it's supposed to. Replace the ujoints, it's cheap insurance.
Unread 01-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #18
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.7stroker View Post
If ATF is not an oil then what is it? There are bearings n stuff in an auto box that must be lubricated and ATF does this just fine in them. Many manual boxes use ATF just fine.

Dwayne

Auto trans are made to use ATF jeep trans are not .

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #19
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMPC View Post
Auto trans are made to use ATF jeep trans are not .
Mike, in defense of Dwayne's position, many manual transmissions use ATF in them and is the factory recommended fluid. There's nothing wrong with using it in an AX-5 or AX-15.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.