Lights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lights?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-27-2002, 10:23 AM   #1
sk8pr0

Lights?

Ok, I'm looking into getting some trail/street round lights. Maybe some KCs, but I don't know. Well here are my questions...What set would you guys recomend(hopefully under $100) and what is the best way to install on a stock front bumper?

Any help you guys can give would be appricated.

THX

sk8pr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2002, 12:24 PM   #2
Bigrubberjeep

Dont bother spending somuch money on lights. 55 watt's looks just as bring on a $25 light set as it does on a $100 set. I got my 55 watt off road lights from Kragen for $24.00 they are brighter then my headlights and have a little grill in front of them even. So if I ever break them, I can look at it and laugh instead of cry. Then just go and buy another set. I have had my $24.00 set for over 9 months and still shining bright. Just dril some holes on the bumper and mount. I placed mine on a smitty built brush guard.
Unread 03-27-2002, 01:04 PM   #3
SFAJeeper

At 4wheel parts until Sunday, you can get pro-comp lights for buy one get one free. I have had a set before and they aren't the greatest but they worked good enough for me. In my opinion you can't beat a pair of stainless 6" for less than 50 bucks. Make sure you pick up a switch kit to wire them up. I agree with the install method above. For a stock bumper, just drill some holes and bolt them on.

92 YJ 33" MTR's 2.5" lift
shackles and more junk.
Somebody buy me a lift!
SFAJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2002, 07:03 PM   #4
YJNotDone

I've got some small amber fog lights mounted on top of my bumper right now(just drilled and bolted on). I'm thinking about replacing them with some better lights, but I think I will keep things "square up there", Not sure what round lights will look like with my "square" headlights. Anyway, it's pretty simple to mount them on top of the bumper by drilling some holes. The only thing is positioning them so they're not in the way of the turn signal/parking lamps.
Unread 03-27-2002, 07:05 PM   #5
sk8pr0

I'm thinking of mounting them "inside" of my tow hooks so that they aren't in the way of anything
Unread 03-27-2002, 08:00 PM   #6
jeepinarkansas
1982 CJ8 

dont block the radiator completly.
jeepinarkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2002, 08:44 PM   #7
sk8pr0

good point, I didn't think about that for some reason
Unread 03-28-2002, 03:35 PM   #8
sk8pr0

THX SFAjeeper, I got 2 Pro Comp 130s and a wireing kit for jsut over $50. That should be enough to light my way down the backroads and even dark highways. now the question is, will the wireing kit have all the diagrams I need or will I have to find them somewhere online?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.