light mounting opinions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > light mounting opinions

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #16
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Windshield, or as high as possible. Spotlights low to the ground are ineffective because they are made to shine downrange as far as possible. With them mounted lower to the ground they get eaten up by the terrain pretty quickly. Plus with them higher up, they can spread out a bit more.

BTW which lights are those?

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #17
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2641 View Post
Attachment 562222

I have my 10" rigid mounted to top of winch and duallys on the windshield

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
nice looking YJ

Overhead, did you ever mount your 10"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #18
Gohot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
Why not throw em up on those windshield mounts?
Carlos, I'm asuming you have them on the windshield mounts or know someone who does. Let me ask.... do they have reflection problems mounted there, reflecting off the hood. I have shiney paint on my Jeep YJ still and I was wondering. I'd like to mount on the windshield though I think?
Gohot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #19
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohot View Post
Carlos, I'm asuming you have them on the windshield mounts or know someone who does. Let me ask.... do they have reflection problems mounted there, reflecting off the hood. I have shiney paint on my Jeep YJ still and I was wondering. I'd like to mount on the windshield though I think?
Hood reflection really depends alot on the color of your paint. Mine is white so ofcourse I get a little glare, but it's really not bad. And the fact that the hood louver is on there, it basically cancels out most of it. It's not enough to worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #20
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The glare my 55w HID's put off of my polished red hood isn't that bad. You should be fine.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #21
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohot
Mine are up on window and paint still shines and I have very little glare....running 130w KC's

image-1153404433.jpg
BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #22
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post
Hey I made brackets that work with your snorkle in place. I could send ya some.

Attachment 562127

Looks like this when done. Just drill, paint, install
Gives you the offset ya need...
What's the brand and PN of the lights you have installed on your bumper? I like the look and size.
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #23
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanF View Post
What's the brand and PN of the lights you have installed on your bumper? I like the look and size.
Thanks...those are Hella 550 series 55w....
BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #24
Overhead
You built a 4cyl?

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Back from the beyond. Just mounted em!
Overhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.