light and defroster on hardtop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > light and defroster on hardtop

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-21-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
dwales31

light and defroster on hardtop

today i was looking at how to hook up my defroster on ym hardtop and saw what needed to be fixed on it...then i noticed that there is a light for the inside which i dont know how but i hadnt noticed until then. after breaking the stubborn cover it revealed an empty spot for a bulb....i can make everything work if i only had the wiring harness....anyone know where i can get one? or will i have to make one.

dwales31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2005, 11:47 AM   #2
dwales31

any help anyone?
dwales31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
that_1_guy

Try dealership....sorry, not too familiar with the hardtops. Good luck tho!
l---L –0lllllll0-
[COLOR=Black]()_) ()_)--o-)_)[/COLOR] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red][B]Red Jeep Club Member #318[/B] [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Navy"][B]Low Output 4-Banger Club Member #46[/B][/COLOR]
that_1_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2005, 12:31 PM   #4
brundz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

just make it...take the positive and negative from the wiring harness on the hardtop and run them to the positive and negative behind the light under the dash...then that light will come on when the under dash lights go on.
brundz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2005, 08:53 PM   #5
93Renny

I have a hard top I put on in the winter. The jeep has a harness in the back driver side corner that hooks to the hard top harness for the brake lite, wiper, and dome lite. Does your jeep have this harness?

If so then your home free, just run the wires down through the HT and to that harness. Use a test lite to see which one is positive when the door is open.

If not, then probably not worth your while. Just depends on how baddly you want a dome lite.
Unread 12-25-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
rare-renegade

On the same line...I had the rear light also and wanted to upgrade the light output. I ended up going to Advance Auto and buying a interior light and hooked it up. Very bright to almost blinding! Hooked it up to the + and - wires. Hopes this helps.
1991 Renegade, 4" Rough Country Lift, 32" A/T's on 15x8 Canyons, Fr. Runk Bumper, Rear Warn Rock Crusher Bumper, Ramsey 6000# Winch, 4.10 YJ Axles, Blower Mtr. Upgrade, 150 AMP alternator, ZJ Rear Disc Brakes w/Corvette MC, CB w/Firestik, Half Hardoors, Warn Steering Box Guard, KC Highlights.
rare-renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2005, 01:05 AM   #7
YJtank

You could find the hardtop wiring harness on e-bay. However, if you go through the stealer-ship you need the part number which is 82202499. I am in the same position as you are and getting the same bit myself. Hope I helped.
YJtank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.