lifter noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lifter noise

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-16-2001, 07:24 AM   #1
djyj

lifter noise

88yj i've fixed in past years by addeding mistery oil for 15min.car had 8,000mi on it first time,2nd time 30mi and it went away.now 88,000. can't be fixed with mistery oil.i know it's colaped. quick fix needed can anyone help. i have 88,000. miles on it now.

djyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2001, 04:45 PM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Umm .. I think that I am missing something here. You have/think you have a busted up lifter? Fixing it with mistery oil?? What is that kind of fix?

All Jeep engines have a little problem with the oil pump .. not enough pressure to reach the back cylinders properly. Adding oil will raise the level and allow a better supply.

If your lifters are going, its fairly easy to get at them .. just remove the valve cover and check them. Took me about 1/2 hour to clear the way to remove the valve cover (only to find I had bent rods).
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2001, 04:04 AM   #3
solid

Quote:
Originally posted by NaeKid:

If your lifters are going, its fairly easy to get at them .. just remove the valve cover and check them. Took me about 1/2 hour to clear the way to remove the valve cover (only to find I had bent rods).
I just replaced the lifters on my 89 yj...I had to remove the head to do it...
solid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.