Lift questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift questions.

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
WidowYj91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Lift questions.

I'll be piecing together my lift, tax time 3.5" fabtechs, bilstiens , etc etc. Its my dd I know I can't do it all in one day. So should I lift it and drop the tcase til I can get the sye in? All parts will be bought at the same time but I'm lookin at a 2 weekend project.

Unread 01-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #2
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

it can be done in a day, depending on if you have many stuck bolts or bushings. it took me 2 days to do mine but I'm old and slow.
read a few installation threads to get familiar with everything.
you can always do half one weekend then finish the next. it will look funny but its been done before.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
Jeepsr4me

With a set of impact sockets and a nice impact wrench you can have the lift done in 4 hours or less. The sye may take 4 hours depending and any hang ups.
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You can do it in one day. Drop off the Cherokee shaft with the driveline company the day before and tell them to await measurements. Then do the SYE and then the lift. Call in the measurement and put the jeep in 4wheel drive (read FRONT wheel drive) and pick up the shaft.

I have faith in you. You can do it alone but friends sometimes speed up the process.
Unread 01-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I have faith in you. You can do it alone but friends sometimes speed up the process.
depends on the friends, and how much beer is involved

but yeah, under normal circumstances shouldn't take more than a day
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.