Lift Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Questions

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 12-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
RebelBlood
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Lift Questions

I might be getting a set of 4" superlift lift springs as part of a trade for a truck I have, but it's ONLY the springs. What all else would I need to put the lift on?

My YJ already has a 3" body lift, what all would I have to change if I just added the suspension lift?

Thought about taking the body lift off and putting the suspension on, but not sure I want to do that or not.

I've never done anything when it comes to lifts, (my YJ had the body lift when I got it) so I have no idea how hard putting it on would be. Any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

RebelBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

you will need new ubolts, new shocks to compensate length(stock shocks too short), possibly a drop pitman arm. if you choose to keep swaybar get some swaybar disconect links if not ditch them. ditch the tracbars too. thats the bar that connects to frame to axle. on leaf spring yjs they are not needed as the springs themselves are strong enough to center the axle. you will need brakeline extension brackets or just buy longer lines. a transfer case drop kit you will need to compensate for driveline vibs if it has any. trust me you will feel what a driveline vibration feels like. if you got the $ buy a sye kit and new driveshaft. how hard to put on a yj lift? not difficult at all if you have the right tools. the really lengthy part sometimes considered hardpart is taking all the stock old stuff off as the bolts could be rusted and may require cutting off which is time consuming. when i did my yj lift most of the old stuff came off except ubolts, and frame to spring bolts and swaybar links.
Unread 12-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

And axle shims.
Unread 12-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #4
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Cruise a few YJ suspension sales websites and take a look at the parts lists (some are more complete than others) also take a look at the install instructions.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.