Lift Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Question

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 03-04-2002, 04:53 PM   #1
clarky711
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Lift Question

I am planning on buying my third jeep in a couple weeks. My first was a 79 CJ5 and my second was a 97 TJ Sahara(had to sell it after 1 year, payments were too high). Now I am planning on buying a 92 to 95 YJ with a 6 cylinder and a 5 spd. I am on a real limited budget and my question is I am planning on buying Con-Ferr lift shackles(1.25" lift)and I am wondering what everyone thinks about add-a-leafs. Do they make it ride like a tank? Rancho has a set for 70 bucks, any ideas? Also do they sag bad and are they too stiff to flex off-road? I have some 31" BFG mudders all set for my new baby but I cant afford a complet suspesion lift and I am not a fan of body lifts at all. Any ideas would be great.

Previously: 01 TJ on 32s, 94 YJ on 33s, 89 xj on 31s, 97 TJ on 31s, 79 CJ5 on 31s.

http://www.AdirondackJeeps.com
clarky711 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2002, 08:41 PM   #2
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

Don't do the shackles, it really will mess up the front end steering. 31's will fit with a add-a-leaf. I've even seen 31's on a stock suspension, but it did rub a little on full suspension compression.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2002, 01:06 AM   #3
kidwired

I disagree on the shackles and it will wheel better. dont go overboard on the shackles, if you want more lift do springs. ad a leafs will make your ride harder and will limit any flex.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.