lift question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lift question

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE KitsKOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 06-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #16
britrider
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92yjjeeper View Post
I just need that extra little bit. We are about even height even if I'm a hair taller that's all that matters ha..hopefully yous can understand were I'm coming from. We both do a lot of ball busting
Barring the advice in my other post, and as a bit of tongue-in-cheek... over-inflate your tires and park on a high spot in the driveway.

britrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:25 AM   #17
92yjjeeper

The jeep isn't my daily driver it comes out once in a while..I only put about 1k miles a year on it. I'm just impatient with things sometimes.
92yjjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #18
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The jeep isn't my daily driver it comes out once in a while..I only put about 1k miles a year on it.
That's what I said about mine when I got it. Ended up putting just over $10k in it the first year, and I have a company car.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #19
Jeeper48
2002 WJ 

I would agree take the body lift off and install a rough country 4 inch lift to have 5.5 inches of lift. Just my 2cents
Jeeper48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #20
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper48 View Post
I would agree take the body lift off and install a rough country 4 inch lift to have 5.5 inches of lift. Just my 2cents
Rough Country? Seriously? Are you trying to drum up business for your kidney replacement clinic?

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #21
92yjjeeper

I've had it for about 4years and put a little under 5k miles on it since I bought it
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #22
Jeeper48
2002 WJ 

Yes seriously rough country. He asked for a cheap suspension lift, and when your 19 working to put your self through school you don't have money for a better lift so rough country works perfectly. So unless you want to donate money for a new lift for me or 92yjjeeper I advise you to shut the hell up.
Jeeper48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #23
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes seriously rough country. He asked for a cheap suspension lift, and when your 19 working to put your self through school you don't have money for a better lift so rough country works perfectly. So unless you want to donate money for a new lift for me or 92yjjeeper I advise you to shut the hell up.
When you pull your string out of your crack, and look at longevity versus the initial outlay of cash, you'll start collecting quarters to save up for a quality lift. That or you'll find a payphone and use the quarters to call your dad for some sound advice.

Unread 06-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #24
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
There's no reason for hostility, meow. It is perfectly acceptable to piecemeal your lift one spring and shock at a time and still be under budget. It costs more in time and stress to buy cheaply and have to replace it several times over the course of ownership. Just weigh your cost vs your time vs the possibility of installing a bad riding lift and hating your jeep. I had some skyjacker springs and went and bought another vehicle so I didn't have to drive the jeep ever. Then I got better springs and sold the other vehicle and the jeep is now my smooth riding daily driver. It goes everywhere.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #25
Campsen
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have a yj with 3in body lift and 1 1/4 shackles. I want to add a suspension lift to it. 1 is it possible and 2 I'm planning to price the lift on a cheap budget. What would I need I already have 4in lift leaf springs what else do I need?
Welcome to the forum. As for being on a cheap budget, there isn't anything cheap about a 4 inch suspension lift. You're probably going to need an SYE kit along with a new CV driveshaft which will run you about 400-600 dollars. If you only have leaf springs, you're going to need shocks, new track bars, ubolts, etc. I would look up component kits on amazon, or sell your springs and start over with a full component kit including the springs.
Campsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #26
92yjjeeper

What if I backed it down to like a 2in suspension lift? If I can find 2in leaf springs would that be cheaper to do. I'm half tempted to just replace my worn out springs with stock springs that have a arch already but it seems pointless cause a lift kit is almost the same price as buy just new leaf springs
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #27
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What if I backed it down to like a 2in suspension lift? If I can find 2in leaf springs would that be cheaper to do. I'm half tempted to just replace my worn out springs with stock springs that have a arch already but it seems pointless cause a lift kit is almost the same price as buy just new leaf springs

That's a logic I can follow. I was looking at just replacing the OEM springs myself and asked that same question about 8 months ago. Crown, OEM replacement, springs are between $85-100 each, then there's the bushings, bolts, etc. Old Man Emu 2.5" lift springs are $95-110 each and the same auxiliary hardware would be needed, so it's something like $50 more to go with a 2-2.5" lift than it is to go OEM. The 2.5" lift netted me 3.25" of lift and a dramatically better ride.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.