lift options - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lift options

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 08-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
Jarred2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Also look into the EMU and BDS 2.5' lifts. They are higher quality and better ride, but they are more expensive. Just depends on what more important to you.

She lets me ride her whenever i want. I buy her shiny things all the time. Give her a kiss and hug every morning and night. Think about her all day and dream about her at night. We have the perfect relationship. Me and my jeep that is.

The way I see it, a Jeep is like sex-when it's good it's terrific, and when it's bad it's still pretty good!

Semper Fidelis
Jarred2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #17
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

BDS doesn't make a 2.5" lift, they have a 2" or a 3.5". They have a lifetime warranty. The only lifts that I personally would recommend are the BDS or OME. OME has a reputation of having some of the best flex and nice street manners combined and aren't going to sag in a year. If you look around the forum you will find that there are people that are still getting sagging issues with the new RC lifts.

As Jarred said also, if you go with the 4" you will have to go with a t/c drop at minimum or put a slip yoke eliminator and CV driveshaft in, which will add another $300 minimum if you can make your own driveshaft or you could spend $300-$500 on an aftermarket one plus the $200-$250 for the SYE.

I had worn out flat factory springs and my rear gas shocks were shot to the point that when I removed them they didn't expand. When I replaced my suspension two months ago I never realized how nice of a ride I could actually have in my YJ. It's still not a Cadillac but it feels damn close compared to what it was!

Most good stories start out "Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****...."
dtn8tr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #18
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred2 View Post
30's no lift
which black wheels are those?
hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #19
Jarred2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Cragar 397 soft 8's. same ones in the other picture but with the center cap painted black.
Jarred2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #20
smoan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

the bds 3 1/2 looks pretty good. i already have +4 ss brake lines because one the stock ones broke and i was going to lift it soon so i just bought those. i have already took the swaybar off so i dont think i need the links and i have heard that i should just get ride of my track bars. so all i need is springs,spring bushings, u bolts, shocks, and a t case drop possibly right?
smoan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #21
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

The only thing out of all of that I disagree on is the swaybar links. If you use it as a DD or drive on the highway at cruising speeds with it I would take the trackbars off and put the swaybar back on with quick disconnects. Yes, it will flex great with all of it removed but MOST Jeeps will be squirrelly (sp?) on the highway, which could turn into a dangerous situation. That is why they make quick disconnects.
If you don't use it on the highway then go ahead and remove it all.

Unread 08-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #22
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtn8tr View Post
The only thing out of all of that I disagree on is the swaybar links. If you use it as a DD or drive on the highway at cruising speeds with it I would take the trackbars off and put the swaybar back on with quick disconnects. Yes, it will flex great with all of it removed but MOST Jeeps will be squirrelly (sp?) on the highway, which could turn into a dangerous situation. That is why they make quick disconnects.
If you don't use it on the highway then go ahead and remove it all.
thanks for the sound advice
hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #23
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

just food for thought my yj is a DD and i run it without swaybar connected and it does well around 60 mph but thats about how fast i go on hwy nvr tried over 65. But i do however take corners slow and keep a distance from the vehicle im front of me.
Unread 08-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #24
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13 View Post
just food for thought my yj is a DD and i run it without swaybar connected and it does well around 60 mph but thats about how fast i go on hwy nvr tried over 65. But i do however take corners slow and keep a distance from the vehicle im front of me.
That is the exact reason why I stated this to OP. If you have not driven around with all of that off, you won't realize how differently it can handle, especially in a curve or cornering. A quick lane change could become rather dramatic.

It is just as easy to install some quick discos and not worry about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.