Lift Kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Kits

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 10-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
dave's jeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Lift Kits

I will soon have a '03 Sahara that has a 2" to 4" lift kit on it. I have looked at it and just guessing right now it is a frame lift. I want to take it off and wonder which major parts such as springs, steering linkage, shocks will I need to replace to lower it back to factory height.
I will have access to a vocational school auto shop so all I have to get is the parts to replace.
I know this is a very vague question but at this time I just need some general idea as to what I really have to replace.
Thanks for your time and answers.
Dave

dave's jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Head over to the TJ forum my good man. They have all the info you need.

Just wondering though, why would you buy such a common Jeep if you're gonna lower it to stock? Why not just buy a stocker?
Unread 10-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

again, this would be more of a TJ forum question, but if its just a puck or spacer lift thats on it, it would be easyly enough removed. A body lift can also be removed easy enough,... but if it has a full on spring lift, I'm guessing your stuck, unless the the PO has all the old springs and parts. Gather some more info. if ya can, and take it over to the TJ guys. I'm sure they can help.

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2007, 07:20 PM   #4
dave's jeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It's my daughter's jeep right now and she wants to lower it. Dear ole dad comes into the picture and since daughter wants it lowered I guess I'll get stuck doing it. Once I have the jeep in my possesion I'll see what I can do.
Thanks for your reply,
Dave
Unread 10-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
That1guy
2007 WK 

Find a stock TJ and see if they wanna trade for the lift or it's junk yard time. If it's a 2" lift then most likely a spacer lift. All you have to do is take out the spacers. If its a 4" lift then you will most likely need factory springs and lower arms. Your best bet would take pictures of all the parts and post them up in the TJ forum and ask what needs to be replaced.
Unread 10-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #6
dave's jeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the idea. I'll be there in a few weeks and see what I can do with the camera under the jeep and maybe get a better idea of what would be involved.
Thanks,
Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.