Lift kit help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift kit help

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 02-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
Ryfree94
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Lift kit help

Ok so I currently own a 93 YJ. And when I got it a 3in body lift was installed on it. And it rides really rough. So I want to buy a suspension lift for it. And my question is, What lift will fit my tires? cause ive seen that a 3-4in lift will fit 33's. But currently I have 35's on my BODY lift. So im not sure what to look for when I buy a lift kit. Cause I love my hight now and I would hate to go higher.

Ryfree94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
YJwrangler1990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryfree94
Ok so I currently own a 93 YJ. And when I got it a 3in body lift was installed on it. And it rides really rough. So I want to buy a suspension lift for it. And my question is, What lift will fit my tires? cause ive seen that a 3-4in lift will fit 33's. But currently I have 35's on my BODY lift. So im not sure what to look for when I buy a lift kit. Cause I love my hight now and I would hate to go higher.
Just get a new stock suspension. The new height isn't going to make it ride any smoother. If you want smoother buy the expensive old man emu suspensions or something expensive cause my new RC suspension lift it still rough
YJwrangler1990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Get rid of the body lift.
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJwrangler1990 View Post
Just get a new stock suspension. The new height isn't going to make it ride any smoother. If you want smoother buy the expensive old man emu suspensions or something expensive cause my new RC suspension lift it still rough
if you never have experienced OME suspension then how can you compare them. I hope you enjoy changing your RC springs once every couple years when your 4 inch springs sag to about an inch lift.

To the OP: OME is very good. You will Need to upgrade the shocks when you put them on. The 3" bodylift should be removed and a 1" daystar put in its place. What ever you do dont buy Rough Country springs... well rough country anything for that matter.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
YJwrangler1990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark05059

if you never have experienced OME suspension then how can you compare them. I hope you enjoy changing your RC springs once every couple years when your 4 inch springs sag to about an inch lift.

To the OP: OME is very good. You will Need to upgrade the shocks when you put them on. The 3" bodylift should be removed and a 1" daystar put in its place. What ever you do dont buy Rough Country springs... well rough country anything for that matter.
Because I used to have ome suspension... You have an RC lift or something?
YJwrangler1990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
jeepngolf
1995 YJ Wrangler 

to the OP: there must be more to the story for you to fit 35's with only a 3 inch body lift. I would bet that there are lift shackles involved also. The lift shackles should also go away if you find you have them. I agree with the other poster about getting rid of the 3" body lift and install a 1" body lift in its place. You should spend some time researching the various lift manufacturers and tie that in with a budget. If it were my money I would buy the best possible lift I could afford. Rubicon Express is what I have and it has not let me down. I have heard great things about BDS and Old Man Emu. Remember also that getting a 4 inch lift will most likely involve the need for a slip yoke eliminator kit and a new rear driveshaft.
jeepngolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Also OME and BDS(I have BDS) is not much more that Rough Country but it will ride nice and not sag where Rough Country is called that for a reason. Even on a smooth asphalt road itll feel like you are off road.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
Ryfree94
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepngolf View Post
to the OP: there must be more to the story for you to fit 35's with only a 3 inch body lift. I would bet that there are lift shackles involved also. The lift shackles should also go away if you find you have them. I agree with the other poster about getting rid of the 3" body lift and install a 1" body lift in its place. You should spend some time researching the various lift manufacturers and tie that in with a budget. If it were my money I would buy the best possible lift I could afford. Rubicon Express is what I have and it has not let me down. I have heard great things about BDS and Old Man Emu. Remember also that getting a 4 inch lift will most likely involve the need for a slip yoke eliminator kit and a new rear driveshaft.
You know im starting to think that i have a lift other than the body lift as well. but again i dont know anything about lift kits. but i think your right. I need to start researching around.
Ryfree94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
jimbob78cj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Google is your friend. Look at lots of pictures. You'll get an idea of what stock looks like and how yours differs. Keep in mind that tire "fitment" can mean different things to different people depending on how you plan to use your Jeep. Mostly on-road driving with a little light trail ridding won't need nearly the amount of flex (i.e. wheelwell space) as a dedicated rock crawler.

-jim

"Stupid Should Hurt" - Bumper sticker seen on Jeep
jimbob78cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.