Lift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift kit

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
1zzy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Lift kit

I've already lifted my jeep 3" and put 32's on it. Is it worth the several hundred dollars to lift it an additional 3" and purchase bigger tires? I don't do a ton of off-roading, but when I do I've regretted not making these changes. I guess I just want to know if the additional lift is worth it's expense.

1zzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
FunkyJeepz
2004 LJ Wrangler 

If you don't off road much, what makes you want to lift it more if its fine where it's at? There's a lot that goes into a lift kit that will work how it should. 3" lift on 32s is a capable rig if you play every once in a while. With your set up, you don't really need to do anything else to your rig, but with bigger suspension and tires, your geometry goes out of wack and there comes driveshafts, brake lines, etc. Also, the bigger tires adds more stress on the stock axles and your mpg. If your wanting more out of your rig, throw a locker in one of your axles and that will allow you to explore a lot more , without suffering performance or added wear.
FunkyJeepz is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.