Lift kit - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift kit

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
blurunner
1930 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I'm glad I don't take lift advice from you. You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.
Look fellas, I said it was just my take. The 3-4" kit will still require the needs of replacing the shocks, pitman, brake lines, driveline and possibly sye besides just the springs. If you try to sell me tcase drops, in my experiences, this mod is just a complete useless bandage to remedy driveline issue. I know some trucks can get away from just using the factory drivelines without any mods to driveline angles, but honestly these trucks can never be offroaded without the yokes poping out. It's just science. If one says otherwise, that person is just blowing smoke. You try to gain clearance by lift and bigger rubber but then lose critical belly clearance do to adding a negative to the gain? Ofcourse if its mainly a road driven jeep, its no big deal but doing some real offroading and getting hung up over some stoopid little rock bcuz ur belly hung 2" lower than it really should. Not to mention ur stock springs could be used for the soa. But all in all, if the op isn't inclined to such a job as a soa, then the bolt on lift kits would be best and cheaper if the parts was used scrounged up separately

blurunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #17
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

But SOA replaces everything you mentioned plus a full high steer setup (not pitman arm with bent drag link) and a traction bar (called ladder bar also) in the rear to thwart axle wrap.

I did my suspension for under $1000. Front fenders aside (same effect by cutting or adding bumpstops) it wasn't that bad on the wallet. And yes that includes the SYE. Driveshaft. Springs. Shocks. Ubolts. Pitman arm. Teraflex rear shock relocator. Boomerang shackles and revolvers up front. (Just barely, actually!!) I did the rest (fenders, teralow, super 88) all for under $2500 TOTAL!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.