Lift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift kit

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 02-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
1990yjoffroad
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Lift kit

Looking for a good and reliable lift kit for 1990 wrangler. Looking to do between a 3"-4" suspension lift. Any ideas wants good, for under $800.

1990yjoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

BDS, OME or rubicon express springs are great so start there.
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Piece it together. You'll save a lot of money doing it that way instead of buying a full kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
blurunner
1930 YJ Wrangler 

3-4" lift is more than likely gonna cost u more money due to that ur gonna need a sye, new drivelines and extended shocks. For that lift height I would say to just save up a bit more and do a soa. That way atleast ur making ur money go further. But that's just my take.
blurunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurunner View Post
3-4" lift is more than likely gonna cost u more money due to that ur gonna need a sye, new drivelines and extended shocks. For that lift height I would say to just save up a bit more and do a soa. That way atleast ur making ur money go further. But that's just my take.
I'm glad I don't take lift advice from you. You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #6
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

To say that you can't get a quality lift for cheaper than going SOA is ridiculous.

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #7
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurunner
Everything you listed are things you'll need SOA too. As well as steering modification.

This post is outrageous.
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #8
Dluenz
1993 YJ Wrangler 

OME is great quality. I went with a Zone Offroad because Im on a budget and Im happy with it so far! Check them out. Made in America too!
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #9
robx316
1992 YJ Wrangler 

My vote is on BDS
plus can't beat the warranty
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #10
Ivonbenster
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
Piece it together. You'll save a lot of money doing it that way instead of buying a full kit.
Go with what Carlos said..piece together your lift cause then one it will be cheaper, two you can personalize your own lift, and three..finding a 4" lift under 800$..well...you might as well just forget unless you want bent sagging springs right after you get them.

I went with fabtech springs and so far, they have surprised me every time. Don't know why more people try out fabtech springs
Ivonbenster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #11
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivonbenster View Post
Go with what Carlos said..piece together your lift cause then one it will be cheaper, two you can personalize your own lift, and three..finding a 4" lift under 800$..well...you might as well just forget unless you want bent sagging springs right after you get them.

I went with fabtech springs and so far, they have surprised me every time. Don't know why more people try out fabtech springs
Actually, I did my entire lift for $350. Springs, shocks and tcase drop.

Superlift 3.5" springs=$225
Ford truck shocks via autozone=$90
Tcase drop=$15

Rides MUCH better than stock and flexes great off road.
They aren't bds but they work for a budget.

You simply won't hear much about Superlift springs because people stay away from them due to the price being so cheap. Naturally that's what drew me to them and I am pleased with my choice.

Quote:
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #12
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Actually, I did my entire lift for $350. Springs, shocks and tcase drop.

Superlift 3.5" springs=$225
Ford truck shocks via autozone=$90
Tcase drop=$15

Rides MUCH better than stock and flexes great off road.
They aren't bds but they work for a budget.

You simply won't hear much about Superlift springs because peoplestay away from them due to the price being so cheap. Naturally that's what drew me to them and I am pleased with my choice.
Now i like the sound of that vs the 760.00 for a 2.5 inch bds lift...
How long you had em?
I like that bds has lifetime on the springs but im on a pretty tight budget.
Lol
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #13
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
Now i like the sound of that vs the 760.00 for a 2.5 inch bds lift...
How long you had em?
I like that bds has lifetime on the springs but im on a pretty tight budget.
Lol
I've had mine for just under a year now with no sagging

How's this for flex?

And as for the shocks. They're good for a budget, but I'll be upgrading them when I need to. You can find the correct years of the trucks though if you look in my build thread.

Quote:
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #14
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I've had mine for just under a year now with no sagging

How's this for flex?

And as for the shocks. They're good for a budget, but I'll be upgrading them when I need to. You can find the correct years of the trucks though if you look in my build thread.
Sweet i will defently be looking up your build thread from my pc later.
And thats pretty good flex.
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #15
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurunner View Post
unti you've done a SOA.... 'PROPERLY'.... thats the key word there properly...

you should not talk about one, they are FAR from cheap, done right would run around $2000 maybe lot more depending on how much crap problems you run into, or how much you can or cant do on your own.....

buy 4 OME 36R springs, or BDS sprigns of your choice, those 2 get my vote hands down, the |OME 36R are over 3" of lift give or take $400-500..... if you want to go higher, you will need a SYE, this will run you another 350ish..

you could do the springs, a small tcase drop for now, REMOVE the track bars, and get some extended disconnects for you sway bar or make your own if inclined.... order some shocks of your choice, annd away you go for the most part...

figure $100 - $200 on stupid **** you break or want to replace as you go... for the $800 you could do springs and SYE, , save another bit for some nice greasable shackles and some shocks run your stockers shocks for now just dont 'flex' lol... good to go

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.