Lift Kit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Kit?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
fatladyvalkyrie
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Lift Kit?

I wont be doing any hard core off-roading for a while with this jeep I'm going to purchase. I'm looking at either BDS or rough country. I gather BDS' warranty is better, but for 300 dollars difference, is it worth it if I'm going to go larger eventually when I'm ready to pound the trails?

fatladyvalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
MWguy101
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 4 in rough country lift on mine and love it. I upgraded the shocks,the steering stabilizer, the break lines and got boomerange shackles all from rc. Mine works great. Get air tools if you can and torch if you can. The only thing I would suggest prior to installation is to put several coats of paint on the leaf springs to help prevent them from rusting. You may want to also look into getting a new rear drive shaft and slip yoke eliminator as well. I run 33's on mine with no issues. Rought Country is not a bad lift, it works good.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...e-joy-1010946/
Unread 07-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
WranglerRush
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have heard that BDS is a great lift, one of the best in fact. Rough country had a bad rep in the past but have heard they have gotten better. Still, the BDS will ride better and take bumps better. I used to be the guy that went with the cheap lift, but now I realize spending a few extra hundred dollars is well worth it.
Unread 07-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

How high do you want to go? I have a OME 2.5 and it rides great.

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 07:17 AM   #5
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatladyvalkyrie View Post
I wont be doing any hard core off-roading for a while with this jeep I'm going to purchase. I'm looking at either BDS or rough country. I gather BDS' warranty is better, but for 300 dollars difference, is it worth it if I'm going to go larger eventually when I'm ready to pound the trails?
Buy the jeep first.
Poke is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I always suggest buying the best parts you can afford.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
dell2028
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Figure out where you want to be in the end. Probably a good idea to figure out what you eventually want to do with it and then what size tires you will need. After that work backwards. If your gonna run some 33s and do some moderate wheeling I'd say get the 3.5" lift and then tires. Keep in mind larger tires require deeper gears. So if you have a 2.5L you may want to think about going to some 4.88 gears for the front and rear. You can also aquire parts and do several upgrades at one time.

95 YJ, D30/8.8 w/ 4.88s, SOA, 35x14.50x16.5 Pit Bull Mud Dawgs, 101" Wheelbase, Custom Front Bumper, Winch, Custom Rear Tow Points, Traction Bar, Aussie Locker in front, 20 Gal. Gas Tank modification, Hurculiner Tub, Custom Rear Bumper, SYE and CV shaft, BTF Cross-over Steering, RCI 2191 fuel cell, BTF Rockers, RE 1.5" SOA springs up front and XJ springs in the rear

Down the line a bit...engine swap, the list goes on.
dell2028 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.