lift? help....please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lift? help....please

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-14-2002, 09:56 PM   #1
usclimber1

lift? help....please

i have a 95 yj and i have a 2inch body lift. i would like to put 33 12.5s on it but cant fit without a lift. i have talked to so many people and each one have given me a different opinion. i oam really short on money and i am leaning towards the shackel lifts but i heard from a suspension speciallist that that will screew my leafs up. can anyone tell me of a better and or cheap way of raising my jeep.

usclimber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2002, 10:38 AM   #2
damonejeep

There are only certian ways to lift a Jeep.

Body lift, which you already have.

Suspension lift. This is by far the best way to lift your rig. You have several options here. The lift size range from 1.5 add-a-leaf, to 4.5" lifts. The higher you go, the more money you soend on the lift and Mods.

Then there is the the ever popular (cheaper) shakle lift. Alot of people will say to stay away from these, and I agree. They doo offer up to 1.5" of lift but they flatten your springs, decrease your front end clearance. However, some people like than and recommend them.

My recommendation would be to save some money and buy a suspension lift. TO fit 33" rubber under you rjeep you will need atleast 3.5" of lift (+ you 2" body lift). By adding the suspension lift, you will be lifting your jeep right. As many on this board will tell you, if you are going to do it right, do it the first time. You will save yourself some headaches and money in the long run.

Recommendations on lifts. 3.5" BDS, 4.5" Rubicon Express, 4" ProComp, and 3.5" Superlift are all good lifts. They range from $500 to $900. Some on this board are running Tough Country 3.5" lift and love it. They run about $350-450.

Hope all of this helps in your decision process. Goiod luck.
94 4.0L YJ, 31x10.5 ProComp MT's, 3.5" BDS, lockers and 4:56 gears to come!
damonejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2002, 12:21 PM   #3
SBall

I have a Rough Country 3" suspension lift. It is great. It is not much rougher than stock. The springs are stiffer, so I just go slower over speed bumps and other large objects. The kit was complete with everything that I needed and it was not too hard of an install. I have had it on for over a year, and the springs have not sagged at all.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.