Lift help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift help!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 05-29-2001, 07:37 PM   #1
ballasbakker

Lift help!

I have a stock '87 4.2L Automatic and want to fit 31" tires or larger without changing gears, or doing anything too expensive. Got 1.25" shackle lift and would like to use them as well if possible. What lift would be best, what size lift and tire? It is a dayly driver aswell!! Thanks!

ballasbakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2001, 12:37 AM   #2
rayray

My dad runs a 3" body and 32's. His rig rarely goes offroad. It works fine for a daily driver. We did throw an ez locker in the rear to tame the wild hairs

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2001, 10:24 AM   #3
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i'm running 31x10.50r15 BFG Muds with a slightly modified 2.5L 5 spd and stock gears
I hardly have the use of 5 th, but with a 4.2 you shouldn't have any problems.
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2001, 12:33 AM   #4
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

31's on my '89 4.2 makes it a little rough with a headwind and 5th gear. You really have to be moving to be able to hold it in 5th gear.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.