Lift and FSR - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift and FSR

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-15-2001, 06:43 PM   #1
reno

Lift and FSR

I have reading a lot of the mag's out there and a lot of post. But I still have a couple of questions. First has anyone had any expirence with the 4" lift from Currie Ent? if so, do you like it? I have narrowed my chioces of Lift kits down to ethier the RE 4.5" or the Currie 4". I could afford the lifts maid by National Spring or Alcan but the only reason that I don't go that route is because from my understanding you have to have the jeep completely outfitted with everything that you want on it so you can obtain the total wieght of the vehicle and then they build the springs based on this information. Since I am just Starting to build up my yj, it seems that it would be a waist of money to build a lift kit on it's current weight and then have it change latter, therefore the lift would settle more due to the increased weight. Atleast this is the inpression i got when I've talk to them. Has anyone gone this route. if so how do they flex? My next qeustion is, does anyone use the Front Shackle Reversal from M.O.R.E. I looke into most of them but I feel this kit is designed the best. I would like to know how it performs with or without the buggy springs? Are there any interferience problems with it? assuming 33" tires and 4" lift. will the 33's hit the fenders underful compression. if you could do it over agian would you still put on the FSR? I don't feel that I will use the buggy spring setup but just mount the shackles in the back. Lastly M.O.R.E. says that the FSR will add 1.5" lift to the front if I go with a 4" lift and this FSR kit then how do I level out the Back? I already have currie boomerang shackles (not installed) and don't say custome springs because that would defeat the whole purpose of the Currie or RE lift kit.

89YJ with sye (jb) 31's and 1.5" (SS) body lift.

reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2001, 09:18 PM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Heya,

I have the Superlift 4" kit on mine, and so far so good. I haven't heard too many bad words about Superlift, the price was decent, and the ride is nice (used to be a smooth "cadilac" ride).

I have been considering the Shackle-reversal as well, and I was told the best thing to do is the reversal on the front (1.5" lift) and extended shackles on the rear (2" over stock) to level it out. One guy in our club has done that, 4" suspension, shackle reversal and body lift and he is able to clear 35" rubbers. He is running on his stock axles, and so far, hasn't had too many problems with breakage. Our area has a little rock, a little mud .. and tons of trees.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.