Lift Combo?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Combo??

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
93Rhino
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Lift Combo??

My '93 YJ has a 1.5" shackle lift now running 31x10.50 with no problem. I would like to run a 33" with clearance so the tires don't look stuffed in the wheel wells. Would a 2" RC leaf kit coupled with the existing shackles be enough? Or would the 4" leaf kit be better? I was also thinking of a 2" leaf kit paired with a leaf over axle kit...any ideas?

93Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You will need about 4" of lift to fit 33's. And you are already running dangerously long shackles. 1.5" lift shackles would have to be 7" long from bolt to bolt. That screws with your steering geometry and puts a lot of stress on the shackle hangers. I would NEVER run more than a 1" lift shackle.

If I were you I would replace those shackles and get some lift srpings at the same time. You can also look into flat fenders or TJ flares with trimmed metal to help clear larger tires.

If you are dead set on keeping those shackle you should be able to clear 33's with another 2.5" of lift. But you wouldn't ever catch my rig with 1.5" lift shackles on it. It's just not safe.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
JustinSuth
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i clear 35's with waggy springs, 5/8's shackle, and rear tj flares.
JustinSuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.