Lift & Brake Lines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift & Brake Lines

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-04-2001, 09:19 PM   #1
JeeperJay

Lift & Brake Lines

How much lift (if any) can I put on my YJ before I need to consider brake line extensions?

Unread 10-05-2001, 07:56 AM   #2
OhYeah

It really depends on how much flexing you are doing. I have heard 4" should definitely have extended brake lines.

Peace,

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2001, 08:25 AM   #3
damonejeep

I would recommend you putting brake line extensions or new extended brake lines in if you plan to go over 2.5 inches of lift. WIth the new amount of lift, there will be more wheel travel, more so than the stock brake line lenght can handle. To be safe, plan on extending your brake lines, you will be happier in the end.
94 4.0L YJ, 31x10.5 ProComp MT's, 3.5" BDS, lockers and 4:56 gears to come!
damonejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2001, 12:35 PM   #4
Nightclaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just sitting flat and level, my factory brake lines were too short for my 3½" lift!

I had Earl's Performance/Industrial Liquidators custom fab a set of braided lines, both front and rear. For the rear, I used the factory T-junction and rubber line, and got long braided lines to go to the drums.
4.0L / AX-15 / Stock NP231 / Stock D30 (open) / D60 (35-spline, Detroit locker, Moser axles) / rear disc brakes / 4.56 gears / Advanced Adapters SYE & CV Shaft / 33" BFG MT-KM's / Thorley Header / Magnaflow Muffler / BesTop Flares
Nightclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2001, 06:36 PM   #5
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just re-route the hard line. Disconnect the line and carefully bend (don't kink) the line and run it under the frame. The mount on top of the frame can still be used. Just run one of the bolts that hold your bumpstop in place through it. This is something that happens early on to all the YJs around here.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.