Lift blocks/Bodylift.? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift blocks/Bodylift.?

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 07-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Whoa there buddy!! I meant for my post to be helpful and teach a bit of self reliance as well. I believe that people should build their jeeps according to the use its gonna have and not solely on the advice of others. There is some reasoning behind the comments we make and most of chuckle not because we are better than the OP but because we are a better version of ourselves when we asked such questions at one point. It is all part of the learning process. I would rather someone learn from doing than to just follow instructions and have no idea what they're doing or why it is being done.

OP, if I have offended you in any way, please accept my apology. As per our PM's, I'm happy to help.
exactly

you should've seen some of the responses I got "back in the day" when I had an XJ and was searching high and low for a 1-2" body lift

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #17
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Whoa there buddy!! I meant for my post to be helpful and teach a bit of self reliance as well. I believe that people should build their jeeps according to the use its gonna have and not solely on the advice of others. There is some reasoning behind the comments we make and most of chuckle not because we are better than the OP but because we are a better version of ourselves when we asked such questions at one point. It is all part of the learning process. I would rather someone learn from doing than to just follow instructions and have no idea what they're doing or why it is being done.

OP, if I have offended you in any way, please accept my apology. As per our PM's, I'm happy to help.
No, it didnt offend me. Like i said, i expected those responses. Just wanted to hear others opinions, good or bad, and i did. And i like learning from my mistakes, but i dont like spending/wasting money if i dont have to lol.
95YJMountie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #18
caoboy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

And you know now that blocks for a sprung under suspension will LOWER the vehicle, right? This is how S10's get low, cheaply.
caoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #19
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95YJMountie

No, it didnt offend me. Like i said, i expected those responses. Just wanted to hear others opinions, good or bad, and i did. And i like learning from my mistakes, but i dont like spending/wasting money if i dont have to lol.
You listen to the guys around here and you will never, and I mean never waste money. Unless you want to of course
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #20
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I say go 4" body lift and 4" blocks it will look awesome!

It will be a low cog build :-)
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:40 AM   #21
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

I learned this first hand... Thanks bud for the help
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:16 AM   #22
mudsweatNgearz
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Lift blocks on a YJ = low rider
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #23
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Dont take it personal. Some times its difficult to determin how things are typed and taken out of context. I know who you are and the vast amount of knowledge that you have

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #24
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
You listen to the guys around here and you will never, and I mean never waste money. Unless you want to of course
Yeah i know. Thats half the reason im a member on here is to learn as much as possible.

I'm not the sharpest when it comes to suspension, but thats gonna change over time because im learning more and more everytime im on here. Thanks for all the advice everyone.
95YJMountie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #25
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I had a 3" lift on mine when I got it. When I put on my 2.5" suspension lift, I took the body lift and cut the pucks in half creating a 1.5" body lift to go along with the 2.5" suspension lift. I'm running stock shackles. I like the 1.5" body lift because it allows me to clean between the drive train and the bottom of the tub easier, as well as gives me a little extra room to work. The body lift also gives my 31's more room to flex. Not wanting to go any taller than 4" overall, I opted to not go with boomerang shackles. Personally, I like the stance and wheel well clearance I have. My rig looks kind of stock, but definitely modified at the same time. When she gets off road, the extra room allows me to make my 31's do things guys on 33's wish they could do.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.