Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 03-04-2002, 08:53 PM   #1
kid991

Lift

Ok I got my lift an 31'but it feels like I got alot of vibrate.this right or am I just looking to hard for something to be wrong.I got the lift done At a spring shop so I know that it was not done halfA##.The Tires are M/T's .Do you think that's what it is

Unread 03-04-2002, 09:54 PM   #2
Keymaster

Well, it depends on how much lift you got. I just installed a 3 inch suspension lift a couple of weeks ago. I run 31 inch All Terrains and mine rides smooth as silk. It may be the tires (I've never ran mud terrains so I'm not sure), but if your lift is 4 inches or over then it's possible you will need some more equipment to eliminate the vibration.

Looking for a YJ!
Keymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2002, 09:23 AM   #3
damonejeep

When do you feel the vibrations? I have MT's and they are smooth at speeds greater than 5 mph.
If your Jeep has vibrations at speeds greater than you might need a transmission drop. In your lift kit should have been several 1" long spacers. Those are to put inbetween the transfer case skid plate and the frame. This will lower the transfer case and should eliminate the vibs. However, you may have a worn U joint in your rear driveshaft. If so this is a easy and cheap fix.
In the future you will want to consider a slip yoke eliminator and cv driveshaft. These two items will allow you to raise the transfer case back up to its original position and realy increase your rigs strength.
Hope all of this helps.
94 4.0L YJ, 31x10.5 ProComp MT's, 3.5" BDS, lockers and 4:56 gears to come!
damonejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2002, 08:58 PM   #4
kid991

Thanks , My buddy thinks I am nuts.He can't feel a thing so I think its me.I just mite change my ujonts for peace of mind.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.